Details / requirements:
Job position: Psychologist
Reports To: Project Manager
Location: Gandaki Province
KOSHISH, National Mental Health Self-Help Organization, established in 2008, is breaking the silence and amplifying voices of persons with mental health condition and psychosocial disability for inclusion of mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) within and beyond the health system. KOSHISH promotes self-advocacy in the spirit of “NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US.”
KOSHISH in partnership with CBM global is implementing the “Promoting Mental Health and Suicide Prevention” project with the overall objective to contribute to an inclusive environment where persons with psychosocial disabilities and other underrepresented/ disadvantaged groups enjoy their rights in Gandaki Province in the districts of Kaski, Lumjung and Gorkha from 2024-2027.
Job Overview and Core Purpose:
Under the supervision of the project manager, the Psychologist/technical lead will provide mentoring, supervision, support and guidance to the counselors and community psychosocial workers in implementation of “Promoting Mental Health and Suicide Prevention” project in Gandaki Province. S/he will build capacity for quality psychosocial support, sensitization, orientation, and development of promotional materials for effective awareness raising.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical Standard and Quality in service:
- Lead and ensure the technical standard, quality and uniformity of tools, format, guiding documents and ensure in practice with periodic follow up.
- Assessment of persons with mental health conditions and psychosocial disabilities using necessary psychosocial tools; planning and delivering of psychosocial intervention, maintaining records, and tracking effectiveness of the intervention.
- Support in detailed assessment of the cases with severe mental health conditions and support in rescue and reintegration in collaboration with the outreach workers of the emergency care service centers when needed.
- Operationalize and manage counseling sessions in Gandaki province through the dedicated counseling facilities, prepare the monthly progress, and present it to the supervisor.
- Provide inputs in the technical aspect of psychosocial support across the organization.
Training, Capacity Building, and supervision:
- Engage in designing and delivering the training, orientation sessions for staff, and different stakeholders.
- Train, monitor, support and supervise counselors to ensure the quality of the mental health and psychosocial support services provision in the project.
- Train and mentor CPSWs/Community Campaigners to effectively engage with the communities based on developed tools and guidelines.
- Carry out performance appraisal of the supervisees.
Coordination, Collaboration, Sensitization:
- Work closely with service providers, policy makers and persons with disability for policy action through the technical aspect.
- Coordinate and standardize psychosocial tools for counselors in consultation with the group of psychologists of the organization.
- Represent KOSHISH in various forums at regional and national levels with prior approval of the Project Manager.
- Support in resource mapping, establishing linkage, and referral to specialized MH services.
- Coordinate and support technical training programs for organizations whenever required.
Documentation, Database management and Reporting:
- Maintaining documentation and documenting the evidence of project progress and outcome in collaboration with MEAL Officer/M&E department of the organization.
- Develop awareness materials, tools, and guidelines for effective community engagement in coordination Project Manager, Projects Officer, Documentation & M&E Officer, and Counselors.
- Prepare systematic records and database of the beneficiaries in coordination with the MEAL officer and Unit of the organization.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports in the standard template of the entire engagements during the period to the supervisor.
- Be prepared to lead a group or team to work in the interest of the organization based upon the assessment of the tasks identified by the organization including in humanitarian/ emergency response.
Safety & Security:
- Ensure safety & security during project implementation in collaboration with central office.
- Analyze/identify potential risks and handle any issues that arise.
- Accountable for ensuring that all children and adults who are reached by the project are safeguarded to the greatest extent possible.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all aspects of the organizational Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, abuse and harassment policies and associated standards and procedures in collaboration with central office/ safeguarding focal person.
- Promote safeguarding among project teams and ensure safeguarding is embedded in all stages of project cycle management.
Any other task assigned by the organization relevant to your experience and requirements for the projects.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL QUALITIES
- Master’s degree in Psychology,
- Minimum 3 years of prior work experience in psychology,
- Experience in working in community mental health program in the community setting and knowledge about disability preferable,
- Experience in designing different tools, guideline, and delivery training,
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team,
- Demonstrated skill in building collaborative relationships with stakeholders,
- People management and capacity building skills,
- Proactive, focused and result oriented,
- Well organized with the ability to work on multiple priorities,
- Excellent written and spoken Nepali and English,
- Computers: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Salary: Negotiable as per competence and experience
- Interested candidates are requested to send their updated curriculum vitae and Cover letter including expected salary in PDF version via email at email@example.com.
- Please clearly mark in the subject line as "Application for the post of Psychologist".
- The application will be processed on a rolling basis and closed when the suitable candidates are selected.
- Please clearly mention minimum three referees on your Curriculum Vitae. (including contact number, email id etc.)
- Eligible candidates with disabilities, women and from the local area are encouraged to apply.
- KOSHISH reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.