Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Administration Officer will provide support to Sr. Operations Officer and Finance & Administration Manager in smooth operations of administrative management systems and services in the office; specifically training logistics and workshop planning & implementation; procurement of services and goods, fleet management and in country travel.
Key Performance Areas
Office Facilities and Management (25%)
- Ensure office facilities and utilities are maintained and functional
- Ensure cleanliness of office and its premises in efficient and effective way
- Ensure to arrange electrical, other equipment repair and maintenance of MSH office
- Oversee the Store and Supplies stock Management; maintain stock book tracker and ensure adequate stationery and supplies are available in the store
- Ensure creation, execution, renewal and termination of service contracts with vendors
- Maintain inventory records, coding of assets, entering them in inventory tracker and periodic update on status of assets.
- Ensure relevant set of equipment/logistics (e.g; laptops, emails, desk, ID card, business card etc) are available for new hire staffs
- Perform other tasks as required by the supervisor;
- Prepare Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services
- Ensure finalization the PR in consultation with the requester
- Act as a focal person and take steps for all local procurements in close co-ordination with Sr. operations officer
- Perform all procurement steps as per MSH Procurement policy including tracking of PRs, competition, determining price reasonableness
- Liaise with vendors on Purchase Orders (PO), ensuring delivery of goods and services in stipulated timeline
- Updating of vendor database and performing bi-annual reviews of pre-approved vendors for routine items such as office supplies, cleaning products, etc.
- Update all procurement records and files, ensure they are maintained properly and updated timely
- Based on their service, timeliness, support, and additional criteria, evaluate vendors on their performance, in addition obtain feedback from staffs about vendors.
- Also performs other duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
Workshops / Events Management (30%)
- Lead in organizing workshops/ events in close co-ordination with technical team and consultants.
- Provide support to technical team and consultants for preparing, disseminating materials for workshops/events
- Ensure all logistics support for workshops/events are managed timey and proper procurement process is followed.
- Ensure records and correspondence of workshop/events are up to date and properly filed
- Co-ordinate with Finance and administration team on support required for successful completion of workshop/events.
- Review invoices of workshop/events, ensuring its accuracy and details are correct. And forward with all necessary documents for payment processing.
- Guide technical staff to submit advance and settle on time
Fleet Management (10%)
- Manage and assign vehicles for staffs & consultants in line with MSH policy and procedures.
- Arrange and oversee engagement of transportation service for in-country travel arrangement for staff member, visitors, consultant is in line with MSH policy and procedures.
- Periodically review and monitor vehicle logbook of office vehicles and prepare fuel consumption statement for each vehicle.
- Ensure servicing, repair and maintenance of vehicles are carried out timely
- Support office drivers to ensure the safety and cleanliness of office vehicles
Other Duties (5%)
- Provide support for a variety of office/administrative functions, as requested by team members.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION
- Bachelors’ Degree Completed in Business Administration, Accounting, or a similar field
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPEREINCE
- 3 to 5 years’ experience, in office management, administration and procurement
- Experience working with USAID funded projects
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with managing support staff
- Experience running an office
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- English fluency required including speaking, writing, and reading,
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and to take initiative
- Experience with managing the logistical aspects of workshops, training courses or meetings, including assistance with arranging for the travel, lodging, and registration of participants.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes tasks, and meets deadlines.
- Familiarity with USAID preferred
CORE JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, ability to identify and resolve operational constraints
- Manage work priorities
- Work in a team-oriented environment
- Able to meet deadlines and work under time pressure
- Experience of handling diverse range of complex situation
Travel requirements: Available to travel within the country in required.
Keyboard use, Scanning, filing, pulling drawers,
Lifting papers <10lbs., ETC.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.