Project Manager – Disability Inclusion
Details / requirements:
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in eight districts (six clusters and two hospitals), building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified, and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Project Manager – Disability Inclusion
Required No.: 1 (Nawalparasi West, Bardaghat)
The main objective of this position is to lead and manage the Disability Inclusive Development (DID) Project and contribute to the Cluster Strategy Plan through effective technical capacity building of partner and project staff, project management, budget management, and building relationships with different stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Science/Rural Development or equivalent with three years of experience in managing disability inclusion projects, system strengthening, public advocacy (rights-based approach), and community empowerment. Preferred experience in integrated project management.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of current disability inclusion and rehabilitation issues, socio-economic development of Persons with Disabilities and their families, and protection issues in Nepal.
- Strong knowledge and skills in integrated project management, including project design, implementation, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, documentation, and developing proposals.
- High-quality report writing skills.
- Familiar with up-to-date poverty reduction strategies, policies, and development practices in Nepal and outside.
- Experience in leading, managing, and building capacity in local implementing partner organisations.
- Effective coordination skills, networking rapport building with local, district, and provincial line agencies and stakeholders.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment and capacity to meet deadlines. A good team player.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with excellent English and Nepali for both writing and speaking.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN policy.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on 08 December 2023. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from
persons with disabilities and marginalised group