Detailed Job description / requirements:
Project Coordinator based in the field
Collaboration for Sustainable Development (CSD) Nepal is a non-profit, non-governmental organization aiming at contributing to the government's development initiatives in the field of social transformation. The organization was established and registered on 12 April 2017 (2073 Chaitra 30 BS.) by a spirited group of young individuals sharing a common interest in the welfare of the public. We aim to increase the welfare of the public through increasing awareness of service delivery mechanisms and making these mechanisms more inclusive, accessible, and responsive to the public. CSD Nepal’s motto surrounding holistic social transformation and development is 'Collaborate for Sustainable Change!’ or "Together we can".
Collaboration for Sustainable Development (CSD) Nepal implementing 'Bahadur Social Project' (BSP), Which is funded by a Spanish non-profit organization, is looking for a committed “Field Program Coordinator”, based in the field (in Gandaki Gaupalika, Gorkha), to implement project activities, working in a Chepang community. Bahadur Social Project aims to promote a sustainable development in rural and remote areas through education: working with primary government schools (in an education program) and local communities (in a development and sensitization program).
The figure of the PC will be of importance, coordinating a team of two (2) Field Assistants, assessing main needs, and making sure that all the activities are correctly implemented.
The PC should be open to live under minimum conditions, based in the BSP office in the field.
Main objectives: build relations with major stakeholders (school staff, families and government —through weekly/monthly calls) and coordinate activities in the field.
- Rapport Building with local stakeholders.
- Organize meetings with focal people and groups:
- SMC, Communities, school staff, etc.
- Assessing teachers and school needs in the field.
- Having hands-on experience in rural areas, engaged in promoting financial literacy and providing counselling on becoming resilient individuals (BRI).
- Assessing communities needs in the field.
- Taking surveys with the BSP format in the communities.
- Coordination and implementation of activities and programs in the field.
- Some of them already written down in the BSP Plan of Action.
- M&E and report writing:
- Weekly,monthly, Quarterly and Yearly reports to be submitted to the Project Manager.
- Accountancy knowledge &experience:
- Forecast expenses and budgeting.
- Justification of expenses.
- Estimation of monthly and quarterly expenses.
- Coordination team in the field:
- Two field assistants will be under the PC.
- Proactivity will be a plus: the organization will encourage the PC to assess any need and write new programs to implement.
- Nepalese nationality.
- Bachelors completed in social work, education or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal English and Nepali.
- 2 years’ commitment is required.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a rural place in the humanitarian sector.
- 75% of the time (average) will be spent in the field, living with the rest of the team under limited conditions.
- IT skills: MS Office, to be able to write reports and budget.
- Salary: following the BSP scales, and according to the candidate experience.
What we can offer as an employer: We are offering an outstanding opportunity to become a leader, bringing a change to the most vulnerable through a development organization with a young team and a growing profile.
If your profile fits the above criteria. Do not hesitate to send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with mentioning expected salary. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00 hours, 6th October, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for future process. Candidates from local areas/districts, minority communities, diverse background and women are highly encouraged to apply.