NTD Program Manager
Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience. 'Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND), is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The objective of ASCEND is to achieve progress towards the 2020 NTD roadmap targets for the targeted NTDs across priority countries and to strengthen elements of the national health systems which are required for sustainable NTD control and elimination. The Programme will focus on five NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, visceral leishmaniasis, and trachoma'.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Accelerating Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND)
Job Description/(TOR) NTD Program Manager
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND), is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The objective of ASCEND is to achieve progress towards the 2020 NTD roadmap targets for the targeted NTDs across priority countries and to strengthen elements of the national health systems which are required for sustainable NTD control and elimination. The Programme will focus on five NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, visceral leishmaniasis, and trachoma.
The primary function of the NTD Program Manager is to provide programmatic support for the planning, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of the ASCEND Programmes to MOHP NTD Section.
This is a fixed term contract position
Reporting Line: This position reports to the MOHP/EDCD Director and Country Lead, ASCEND Nepal.
The position is based in the MOHP/EDCD. The objective of this position is to strengthen the capacity EDCD NTD section to deliver agreed ASCEND activities on time. The main responsibilities of this position include but not limited to:
Program Planning/ Development/Coordination
Under the direction of the NTD EDCD Director and CL, the Program Manager will support to manage all NTD Control and elimination Programme activities relevant to ASCEND and will:
- Assist the CL and the EDCD director in monitoring the progress of ASCEND activities by attending meetings as required with MoHP counterparts and visiting project sites for reporting on progress measured against expected results agreed in the ASCEND annual work plan.
- Make field visits to implementation units to assess program implementation and report back to the CL and EDCD director
- Initiate and develop country operational plans based on the strategic directions of the programme.
- Participate in programme activity planning and implementation. Working closely with data manager and provincial coordinators, assist in monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- Support the CL and NTD section chief in coordinating with the MOHP and NTD partners at the central level stakeholders such as DoHS, EDCD, LMD, WHO and NTP for all ASCEND related program activities.
- Coordinate with Provincial Health Directorate, District Health Offices, and District Education Offices in ASCEND program districts and Local levels for all ASCEND activities.
- Provide overall programmatic support to CL and NTD section chief.
- Provide regular update to CL on neglected tropical disease based on recently published research/review or conference materials.
- Prepare presentations and graphic material for Nepal reports, work plans, and other documents.
Management and Administrative Tasks
- Assist the CL and NTD coordinator at MOHP with program budgeting, including projections in accordance with institutional guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of ASCEND Nepal briefs and other summary materials
- Contribute to the capture and dissemination of information on project activities, outputs, outcomes, best practices, and lessons learned including success stories and articles for publication on the ASCEND website and in other fora.
- Review consultants’ timesheets by verifying their contracts awarded by ASCEND headquarters and Regional Hub. Ensure that payments for expenses incurred for the project activities are made on time.
- Support in-country project meetings. This may include booking rooms, coordinating schedules, issuing and tracking meeting invitations, preparing meeting agendas and supporting materials, and preparing meeting notes.
- Maintain project files for technical deliverables.
- Support to maintain project activities calendar and monitor completion of routine internal reports.
- Provide information to CL, Regional Financial Manager and Grant manager on financial forecasts and recommend request for payment to implementing partners through CL.
- Prepare Procurement List and Requisition of Supplies and equipment required for various ASCEND activities with guidance from CL.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CL and the EDCD director.
- Master’s degree in health sciences or social science or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of program and administrative work experience, preferably for an organization implementing international programs in Nepal’s government system especially with MOHP or government counterparts. OR Bachelor’s degree from reputed university with 15 years of work experience in the diseases control and elimination programmes. Candidates with proven track record of working in the government systems will be preferred.
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, and be proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism;
- Excellent skills in coordination with government and donor agencies at different levels of federal structures of Nepal (central, provincial and local levels)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Experienced in the success story writings, photography and reporting
- Experienced in the operational research design, conduct and report writing
- Willing to work in the diverse work environment with passion and patience
- Willing to make travels within the country as per the need of the programme
How to apply: Interested candidates can submit their CV/RESUME by following email address: Info.email@example.com together with cover letter.