Finance Manager-Maternity Cover
CBM Global works alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives. Drawing on over 100 years’ experience, we work with the most marginalised in society to break the cycle of poverty and disability and build inclusive communities where everyone can enjoy their human rights and fulfil their full potential. CBM initiated its work in Nepal since 1982 and supports a diverse mix of national partners engaged in Inclusive Eye and Ear Care, Rehabilitation, Education, and Social Inclusion of persons with disabilities.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CBM Global NCO is looking for a Finance Manager for Maternity Coverage for four months.
The Finance Manager is responsible to oversee entire financial matters in the Country Office. S/he ensures strong financial discipline in the Country Office, implements control and compliance checks to ensure donor funds are utilized in line with CBM Global and donor agreements, and works closely with local partners to ensure all CBM Global financial requirements are met. The Finance Manager will report to the Country Director.
1. Scope of work
The scope of work is outlined below:
Country Office financial management and controls
- Manage the finances of the Country Office in line with CBM Global standards, local / national regulations, and applicable donor regulations.
- Validate Country Office payroll, and ensure tax calculations, social security and other statutory contributions are made in line with relevant regulations.
- Maintain internal accounting system and records and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation, and reports.
- Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, and transfers, including appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- In coordination with the Finance officer, organize the annual audit of Country Office accounts for the period of Jan to December 2023.
Budgeting and Planning
- Oversee the development of budget components of all proposals ensuring all costs are accounted for and maximum costs are recovered.
- Prepare and maintain Country annual operating budget and reforecasts. Ensure cost coverage for in-country operating costs and update operating budget regularly in consultation with HR & Admin department.
- Ensure that shared programme costs are properly recovered and that any expected funding gaps are timely flagged to CD.
- Ensure that the finance capacity development measures are incorporated into partner project proposals.
Financial management support to programmes & partners
- Set-up and maintain strong control processes to ensure that financial resources are used by partners in compliance with CBM Global financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts.
- Enforce partner delivery of timely, complete, and quality financial reports in line with CBM Global requirements, including annual financial statements. Verify quality and provide feedback to partners.
- Submit timely and complete reports to the Country Director and CBM Global Secretariat as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements.
- Provide regular budget monitoring reports (budget vs. actual expenditures) and other financial reports to budget holders/stakeholders as required for periodical analysis.
- Regularly and pro-actively update the Country Director on arising financial issues with a potential impact on Country Office management and engage in resolution of such issues.
- Ensure compliance with in-country statutory accounting and reporting requirements.
- Manage performance of the country finance team and provide them with required coaching and support for capacity building.
- In case of Emergency in the country and requirement of the organization, be flexible to deploy in the emergency response management initiatives as per the requirement of the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to all aspects of the CBM Global Safeguarding and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, abuse and harassment policies and associated standards and procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Country Director & Finance Director of CBM Global.
2. Contract, timeframe and duration
The Finance Manager will be under the consultancy contract. S/he is expected to work for tentatively four months starting mid-October 2023, and shall follow the standard working hour of the office i.e., 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
3. Place/ location of service delivered
The Finance Manger will be based in CBM Global Office, Kathmandu. S/he will be required to travel to the field locations as per the organizational needs.
4. Required Expert Profile
The key expertise required are:
Experience and knowledge
- At least 8 years of relevant experience with a minimum of 3-years of experience in a senior position ensuring effective financial management, systems, and controls, including institutional grant management, preferably with an international development organization.
Skill /Competencies/personal qualities
- Excellent team skills with an ability to work professionally with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions, and personal backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- A self-starter and completer-finisher with excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) in English and Nepali.
- Passionate about contributing to effecting change for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global.
- Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM Global values, policies, and procedures.
- Advanced skills with MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Familiar with accounting packages - knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics (accounting package) advantageous.
Qualification, Training & Education
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Management; professional qualification in accounting is an advantage (e.g., ACCA, CIMA, CIA, CA).
5. Payment schedule
The payment will be released on a monthly basis. Taxes will be deducted as per GoN rules and regulations.
Application procedure and deadline
The interested candidates fulfilling the criteria are required to submit the following:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae with minimum two reference details.
- Copy of PAN/VAT registration certificate along with citizenship copy
Above mentioned document should be submitted to an email: email@example.com before 26th September 2023.