Admin and Finance Manager
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Rural Education and Environment Development Center (REED Nepal) is a non-governmental organization headquartered in Kathmandu. Our primary goal is to ensure the Inclusive Quality Education. REED Nepal is committed to child safeguarding and the prevention of sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. Anyone found to have carried out any form of exploitation and abuse of children or any act of sexual harassment, exploitation or abuse will be dismissed. Currently, we are working in 12 districts across Nepal to enhance the quality education in right based approaches and protect children/girls from all forms of abuses, sexual exploitation, including trafficking, and so on. We ensure that their families and communities are supported so that protection is strengthened at source in a sustainable manner. We work closely with government authorities to support and complement their efforts to build better futures for children/ girls where their rights to protection from abuses is guaranteed and education strengthened. REED Nepal invites applications from the eligible candidates for the positions below:
Admin and Finance Manager
Job Category: NGO / INGO / Social work
Job Level: Mid-Level
No. of Vacancy/s: [ 1]
Employment Type: Initially for a year (renewable)
Job Location: Kathmandu with frequent field visits
Offered Salary: Negotiable
Apply Before (Deadline):
Reports to: Matrix-PD, Project Head, CEO
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) the Admin/Finance Manager shall carry out the duties as below:
- Supervise and maintain financial and administrative records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports
- Administrative support to the management programme including administration of budgets
- Support to the project team in FAMAS, Accounting, Administrative and Financial Matters as per the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and donor’s compliances
- Active support to resource mobilization, partnerships and networking issues
- Prepare analytical report and budget forecasting on Budget and Expenditure on a regular basis
- Prepare grant budget: conduct the regular project financial monitoring
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for the projects and organizations.
- Maintenance of the internal control system with compliances
- Coordinate for the internal and external audits of the organization/projects
- Preparation of requisitions and register of goods receipts and make budget checks for requisitions, Purchase Orders and vouchers.
- Facilitation of information flow, coordination of schedule and other logistic arrangements
- Lead the preparation and organization of meetings, workshops, seminars, outreach activities etc.
- Response the compliance and due-diligence of donors,
- Ensure daily administrative and secretarial support to the team, including daily correspondences, maintenance of filing system, printing and photocopying, updating official travel and leave plan, visitor’s list and event list.
- Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons
- Advise and assist staff, experts and consultants on all issues of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters; authorize payments due for claims and services
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required,
- Maintain delivery records and make project transactions; maintain inventory of project assets; prepare monthly, quarterly and annual finance reports; prepare personnel salary
- Supervise the project vehicles, drivers and messengers as per organization policies.
- Supervise the finance subordinates, procurement officers and project associate
- Management of Human Resource as per the HR policy of the organization
- Ensure high confidentiality of documents/information and adequate measure for safety/security of the documents
- Assist in recruitment, procurement and logistics management
- Perform any other duties assigned by CEO and Programme Director
Establishing reliable and accurate accounting/financial procedures will enable efficient planning and use of resources contributing towards effective implementation of project activities.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer-service skills with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical end users in a pleasant, cooperative, and helpful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work independently.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and apply general technical instructions and procedures
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside organization
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- The selected candidate will be required to sign REED Code of Conduct and to provide a Police Clearance Certificate.
Required Skills, Experience and Commitment
- Master’s in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Management, CA/ACCA from a recognized university
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience working with I/NGOs
- Experience managing finance and administration operations and reporting functions
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other accounting tools
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Nepali
The final deadline for the application is 5 PM November 26, 2021. All applications must be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com with the following information on the subject line: Application for the position of HR
Applications sent by post will not be reviewed. Please include an application letter, updated CV (4 pages maximum) with email, telephone and/or Skype contact details, and a minimum of 2 work related referees. Please state your expected salary on the cover letter. Applications without requested information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone and email queries will not be entertained. The candidates from ethnic minorities, women, Dalit and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.