Rural Development Centre (RDC) Nepal is a non-political and non-profitable organization established in June 2002 with its head office in Rautahat District of Nepal. Since then, RDC is heavily engaged in humanitarian assistance, community development, conservation of natural resources, and environmental protection mainly in the Terai region of Nepal through the dozens of humanitarian and long-term development projects reaching out to the children, adolescent, youth, women, landless, urban poor, and people living with disabilities, HIV & AIDS, conflict and disaster survivors from the poor families of historically marginalized Dalits, Muslims, Madheshi and Indigenous communities and other underprivileged groups.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
(First Time Published on 27 January 2023)
Rural Development Centre (RDC) Nepal is a non-political and non-profitable organization established in June 2002 in Rautahat district of Nepal. Since then, RDC is heavily engaged in humanitarian assistance, community development, conservation of natural resources, and environmental protection mainly in the Terai region of Nepal through the dozens of humanitarian and long-term development projects.
RDC Nepal is planning to work in Chandrapur municipality of Rautahat district. So, RDC Nepal is seeking for a qualified, dynamic, and motivated Nepali citizen for the following contingent positions based on the project awarding from funding agency.based on the contingent
The proposed project is planned to implement at Chandrapur municipality of Rautahat district by RDC Nepal with an objective to enhance the resilience capacities of communities who are dependent on agriculture and forestry under the changing climate condition through climate advocacy and actions.
The project has envisioned to improve the awareness of local communities on climate change so as to assist them to take appropriate decisions with respect to their life, livelihoods and society, improve knowledge and access of communities to adopt climate smart agriculture technologies and nature-based solutions for diversifying livelihoods and improving incomes, to advocate and influence the local governments to have a legal instrument and fund to address local issues on climate change adaptation and disaster management.
1. Job Title: Project Coordinator
Number of Position: 1
Position Status: Full-time Staff
Duty Station: Rautahat district (Project area of Chandrapur Municipality)
Report to: Executive Director
General Position Summary
The Project Coordinator (Agriculture academic background) will be working as a full-time employee representing RDC Nepal, who will be stationed at Chandrapur office, Rautahatwith frequent travel to working communities. S/he will be overall responsible for the project activities planning, implementation along with technical inputs as necessity at field level. S/he will also be also responsible for project progress tracking, monitoring, reporting and quality assurance of the project deliverables. S/he is responsible for capacity building,and provide technical backstopping to project staffs, coordinate and strengthen relationship with wider project stakeholders including CSOs, local government and funding agency.
Major Roles and responsibilities
Planning and Coordination
- Represent the organization and take lead role for the projectfor effective planning, implementation and monitoring the qualityof project activities at field level.
- Prepare Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and Detail Implementation Guidelines (DIG) of the project activities in consultation withTechnical Coordinator and Executive Director.
- Develop annual procurement plans, standard operating procedures, and checklists as relevant.
- Prepare periodic/quarterly plan in consultation with projectteam and facilitate its timely and effective implementation in compliance with planning and expected result.
- Ensure accurate fund allocation and utilization on monthly basis and take corrective measures by revisiting plans and communicating timely with senior management team.
- Review the project’s budget verses achievements and adopt corrective measures to ensure the deliverables in line with budget utilization and target achievement.
- Coordinate, collaborate and strengthen relationship with project relevant stakeholders including government office and their representatives, like minded organizations and CSOs.
- Supervise and provide guidance to field level staffs in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of project activities and project plan as per the given guidelines and planning.
- Ensure that the projects have minimum quality standards in place and the cross-cutting themes of GESI, Governance, safeguarding are exclusively followed at all levels.
- Ensure and oversee the implementation of project’s accountability and feedback mechanism at community level.
- Ensure that all action plans developed after project reviews, monitoring visits, evaluations and assessments are followed up and completed on time.
- Identify strengths and improvement areas of staff members for quality delivery of the projects and comes up with plans to improve such gaps via coaching, mentoring, on the spot technical support etc.
- Ensure proper monitoring and evaluation systems are in place, demonstrate project impact and to ensure that programmatic lessons are used to generate a knowledge base for improved project practice and learning.
Programme Operations & Management
- Ensure project adherence to RDC Nepal and donor compliance requirements related with project operation,finance, and other support functions (e.g., procurement, transport, inventory etc.).
- Ensure and closely monitor the project’s financial position and ensure the best use of available resources. This includes overseeing the development and review of the project annual budget, review of financial transactions and reports, and review and follow-up on internal and external audit findings/recommendations.
- Ensure project operations are conducted in accordance with all statutory requirements.
- Ensure timely project execution, monitor progress, analyse the expenses in relation with activity delivery and submit on monthly and quarterly basis.
Innovation and scaleup.
- Identify best practices, problems and issues around program implementation and work toward finding solutions for improvements, documentation, and dissemination in consultation with relevant departments.
- Coordinate with local government, agriculture cooperatives and market holders to promote agriculture value chain products of the marginalised beneficiaries.
- Engage with line agencies for influencing future scale up, including advocacy for climate smart agriculture, income generation, food security and resiliency related policy and procedures at local level/provincial level.
- Contribute towards developing and implementation of new ideas/innovations and its documentation of processes and its results, based on learning.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluations are carried out for deriving lessons learned, best practices and that monitoring is effective in terms of deriving quick analysis of progresses for immediate corrective actions and measurement of results.
- Support for the capacity building of project staffs and relevant stakeholders on need base and under the scope of project
- Support for the capacity building oflocal farmer groups on climate smart agriculture technology adoption, innovative agriculture technology demonstration and other interventions in relation with climate change adaptation.
Documentation & Reporting
- Ensure timely preparation of comprehensive and analytical reports preparation and submission to organization and funding agency in line with agreed reporting compliance.
- Coordinate with field level staffs to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and documentation of program activities and best practices.
- Develop a sharing and learning culture within organization for promoting best practices from related programs to each other programs communities of district project areas.
- Ensure project documentation including but not limited to best practices, case studies and/or success stories, quality photographs, beneficiaries database maintenance etc.
Occasional Significant Duties
- Work as a member of Humanitarian Response Team in case if require for Emergency preparedness and response.
- Comply with RDC Nepal policies and practice with respect to code of conduct and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Any other tasks assigned by the organization and immediate supervisor.
Academic qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s in agriculture with 3 years of field experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of agriculture related livelihood project or Master's degree on Agriculture with project relevant experience is preferred.
Required skills and competencies:
- Experience on managerial role including strategic work planning processes, team building, and financial management.
- Familiarity with Project Cycle Management, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge on climate smart agriculture technology, high value and nutritious crops production, seed bank, innovative and low-cost agriculture technologies etc.
- Experience on value chain development, small agro-enterprise, and market system/ mechanism development
- Understanding and experience in renewable energy technologies (agro-based) is desirable (will add value)
- Experience in working with entrepreneurs, farmers group, cooperatives, and CBOs.
- Strong analytic and experience in writing high quality reports.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, facilitation, and representation skills
- Fluency in both (written and oral) Nepali and English language and specific local language would be added value
- Candidates with a valid motorbike/scooter driving license are preferred.
- Organized and able to manage own time guidance and direction from immediate supervisor.
- Commitment to overall organization's aims and beliefs, including strong commitment to gender, elderly, disables diversity issues, equal opportunities, and capacity building.
- Strong interpersonal and self-awareness skills
- Strong proficiency in Local and Nepali language
- Understanding of database management skills
Remuneration and Benefit Package
- As per the organization norms commensurate with the project agreement
- RDC Office Chandrapur-4, Rautahat (with a frequent field visit to project Municipal/working site)
2. Job Title: Social Mobilizer
Number of Position: 2
Position Status: Full-time Staff
Duty Station: Chandrapur Municipality
Report to: Project Coordinator
Job Summary: For ensuring better implementation, monitoring, and achieving quality results; Social Mobilizers need to play the crucial roles for community mobilization. S/he ensures better coordination and communication among the target communities, Local government, key stakeholders, and project beneficiaries. The Social Mobilizer is expected to perform but not limited to the following roles and responsibilities.
Major roles and responsibilities:
- Orient the target communities and beneficiaries about the project goal, objectives, outcomes, outputs, activities, and ensure their engagement on project activities.
- Ensure project activities are implemented timely along with quality project activities deliverables
- Ensure project events and plans are executed as per the plan and prepare events reports.
- Provide technical support, supervision and monitor the CBOs/CSOs, farmers in establishing demonstration plots and its promotion at local level.
- Community mobilization and facilitate project activities at field level for climate change adaptation initiatives
- Conduct or facilitate group management, institutional development, leadership orientation, on spot technical support to local farmers based on need approach.
- Support Project Coordinator in project planning, implementation, monitoring and documentations of project activities and progress.
- Support in logistic arrangement at field level for monitoring visits, evaluations, donor visits etc.
- Prepare field reports, data tracking, case studies showing the impact of the project at community level.
- Follow the instructions and guidance providedby the organization.
- The SM is required to provide 90% of the duty time at the community level and rest of time in office for reporting and documentation.
- Other roles and duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator related with the project.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirement:
- Should have at least School Leaving Certificate (+2 level studies preferred) from recognized institution preferred will be given to technical academic qualification.
- At least three years of experiences in community mobilization. Preference shall be given to one with experience of prior working on CCA, community-based disaster risk reduction, agro farming etc.
- Strong skills on linkage, networking and communication with target communities, beneficiaries, local government representatives and stakeholders.
- Strong report writing (computer typing) and communication skills.
- Should be fluent in Nepali, and English language and added value would be with familiar with language
- 2-wheeler driving license holder preferred.
3. Job Title: Admin and Finance Officer (C-CAAP)
Number of Position: 1
Position Status: Full-time Staff
Duty Station: Rautahat district (C-CAAP project area of Chandrapur Municipality)
Report to: Project Coordinator/Executive Director
Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager, The admin and finance officer responsibilities will be as follows: assist the Project Coordinator of the field office, in administration and finance matters to ensure an effective management of the financial resources respecting the compliance of administration, finance and policies and procedures, management and training of administrative office staff & field staff, ensure payables are managed smoothly and efficiently in accordance with RDC Nepal procedures and with accuracy and completeness in a timely manner,
Major roles and responsibilities:
Financial management and accounting
- Systematic numbering and filing(Hard & Soft copy) all the vouchers with its proper and organized supporting documents.
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, and all procedures and controls are implemented.
- Review payment vouchers to ensure all compliances, local and national legal requirement relating to tax with its proper supporting documents.
- Ensure proper and timely maintenance of books of account and effective internal control system practicing in places.
- Preparation and compilation of different periodic reports to be submitted to the management and.
- Support in the preparation and review of budgets and monitor actual expenditure versus budgets.
- Monitor cash flow and ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the bank.
- Play lead role for financial discipline and avoiding fraud and corruption.
- Support in procurement of goods, service and works, and provide the technical support to meet Funding Agency/donor’s principle.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documentations for payment.
- Invoice coding and data input into finance system daily.
- Responsible for petty cash disbursements, replenishment, and petty cash count.
- Ensure bank and petty cash transactions are recorded daily.
- Prepare monthly cash-flow control sheets with original documents of all transactions and send them to Maputo.
- In coordination with projects coordinators, forecast of funds needed, and to call down from Maputo to ensure the positive cash flow in the field Office.
- Review field budget activities to ensure cost efficiency.
- Coach and train field staff in all matters regarding financial reports.
- Ensure all transactions are processed and ready in time for month end and quarter end close as per agreed timetable,
- Review payment vouchers, bank & petty cash control sheets,
- Verify travel expense reports and ensure compliance.
- Ensure all procurements comply with competitive 3 quotes bidding.
- Issue, track and reconcile approved travel advances to field office staff and send reports to head office; review advance reconciliation and claims for completeness and accuracy.
- Manage filing/archiving of all AP documents and admin files (including invoices, payment vouchers, credit memos, expense reports, AP adjustments via AP Module)
- Ensure timely deposit of TAX, PF, SSF and Retirement fund of project staffs.
- Responsible for vehicle fleet in the field office (regular maintenance and vehicle usage policies applied).
- Responsible for fixed assets management.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of all office equipment.
- Prepare and organize local workshops.
- Prepare payment request according to internal procedures of the organization.
- Coordinate and organize field staff travels in the field and outside.
- Responsible for correspondences, preparation of contracts and sending invitations.
- Provide support role in audits (internal and external) including preparation of documents for internal, external and donor audits), in the field office when necessary.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors on audit related issues.
- Facilitate auditors in performing on-site visits.
- Assist in providing management responses to audit reports and timely implements the audit recommendations.
Required Functional Skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance in the field of international NGO´s or private sector.
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce, Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrable skills in the development of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an international NGO,
- Good knowledge of fund accounting including reporting requirements of major Bi-lateral Aid Agencies,
- Hands-on knowledge of the major financial software and excel would be a distinct advantage,
Required Skill and Competencies:
- Excellent Portuguese and English communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- High ethical standards of behaviour, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality, and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and research skills.
- Energetic, proactive, and capable of working independently as well as being an active member of the team.
- Adheres to RDC Nepal ’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & inspiring, Credible & Accountable, and Persevering & Delivering Results.
- Adheres to RDC Nepal ’s behaviours, which are: Strive for Impact; Listen Deeply; Collaborate Openly; and Innovate Fearlessly.
- Good interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, discretion, and impartiality) are essential for this position,
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals within a broad range of cultural environments, especially in the African context.
- High level of good organizational and administrative skills with an ability to work well under pressure.
Interested candidates who meet these criteria should apply to email@example.com and submit their (1) Motivation Letter, (2) Updated CV including at least recent two references and (3) a scanned copy of Nepali Citizenship before 2nd February 2023 (05:00 PM).
Note: Women, Marginalized and people with Disability are highly encouraged to apply for the position. Only the short-listed candidates will be called for written test and an interview.
No telephone calls will be entertained. RDC Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
All of the above positions are contingent on the signing with the donor.
बेटी पढाउ बेटी बचाऔं। विवाह २० वर्ष पछाडि गरौं।बाल विवाहमुक्त समाज निर्माण गरौ।
|Category||Development and Project, Agriculture / Horticulture, Finance & Administration|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||27 Jan, 2023|
|Apply Before||02 Feb, 2023|