Sr. Program Officer- Education
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Sr. Program Officer- Education (Female candidate only)
Reports to: Sr. Program Manager
Coordinates with: Program, MERL, Field, and Partner NGOs
Location: Nepal Country Office, Lalitpur, with at least 25% field visits.
Grade & Band: 5, 1-4.
dZi Foundation is a US-based non-profit organization working with rural communities in Nepal to achieve prosperity by eliminating barriers to basic needs, fostering opportunities for sustainable livelihoods, and building their capacity to catalyze transformational change. dZi adopts a new five-year strategic objective (2023- 2028) guided by past learning, adaptation to the emerging policy and development contexts, and an improved focus on partnership, local ownership, and sustainability beyond external investment. For more information, please visit www.dzi.org.
B) Job Purpose:
The Senior Program Officer- Education's primary responsibility is to lead the quality education component being implemented in two municipalities in the Khotang district. As a Senior Program Officer- Education (SPO-E), she will be responsible for conceiving, coordinating, and collaborating with field office staff, local implementing partners, governments, community schools, and host communities to conceive, customize, implement, adapt, and report quality education interventions in the target municipalities.
Under the overall guidance of the Country Director and regular supervision of the Senior Program Manager, the Senior Program Officer- Education will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and delivering methodology, content, and training.
- Providing technical assistance, support, and supervising all aspects of the program design, including professional development activities for the School Management Committee (SMC).
- Providing technical and management guidance to SMCs in planning, implementation, and monitoring of the education program.
- Supporting SMC to assess early childhood development (ECD) teacher training needs and aligning such needs into teacher training guides and training resource materials.
- Leading the workshops and training for the capacity improvement of teachers, child club members, parents, and community stakeholders on educational as well as child protection issues, mostly on inclusive classroom pedagogy/practices, classroom management, school leadership, and child rights, child protection, and child participation.
- Leading school visioning workshops for overall school improvement and implementing suitable interventions to upgrade the quality of education.
- Supporting the implementation of dZi Foundation/Nepal’s Child Protection Policy in all phases of project implementation.
- Collecting and maintaining relevant data and statistics to support the monitoring, evaluation, learning, and research (MERL) team.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports as per varying MERL, management, and donor needs.
- Contributing to preparing regular progress reports, and developing case studies, technical deliverables, presentations, and annual work plans.
- Others as required and assigned by the supervisor.
D) Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in education, social science, or a relevant field is preferred. Professional training and certification in child-friendly teaching and learning, equity in education and data analysis and evaluation skills will be added advantages.
- Progressive professional experience of more than 3 years for a master’s and more than 5 years for a bachelor’s in a relevant role within inter/national development organizations.
- Preferences will be given to the candidates demonstrating progressive professional experience with diverse donor-funded projects and proven experience in project management across a range of project types in education and child rights.
- Extensive knowledge of the country’s education system, policies, and strategies is desirable.
- Knowledge of Child Rights, Child Protection Policies, and Safeguarding is essential.
Skill and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal English and Nepali language skill is a must.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to work creatively.
- Strong organizational skills to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines efficiently.
- Strong and empathetic interpersonal skills to work in harmony with diverse team members.
- Excellent computer skills including a high level of competency with Microsoft Office. Prior experience in using Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint is desirable.
- Extensive hours sitting in front of a computer.
- Willingness to travel to the field (at least 25%) with limited supervision, guidance, and conditions.
E) Application Process:
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications through Google form https://forms.gle/j7gzSJP82cYjJKzE6
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have issues with the form with the title "Application for Sr. Program Officer- Education."
- Applications will be received before/by October 4, 2023.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further processing.
- Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience and as per policy.
- dZi Foundation/ Nepal reserves all the rights to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
dZi Foundation Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. This position is reserved for females only in order to promote gender equality within the organization. In particular, candidates from minority and marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply. However, applicants shall not be discriminated against by caste, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, or medical condition.