Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Population Services International/Nepal (PSI/Nepal) began operations in early 2002 and has been partnering with the Government of Nepal, the private sector, and local and international organizations in areas of nationally defined health priorities to create health solutions that are built to last. PSI/Nepal has been capacitating private sector health services delivery system since last two decades and in parallel providing technical assistance to strengthen public health facilities to deliver primary health care and increase access to family planning and reproductive health services. PSI/Nepal with its expertise and experience in social and behavior change communication, clinical quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation and digital health interventions focuses on designing client centered health care projects to address reproductive health challenges affecting women of reproductive age. With an emphasis on consumer powered health care, PSI/Nepal invests in improving health care market for product and services, and develop solutions that are affordable, convenient, and effective, to help make universal health coverage more of a reality. In the past, PSI/Nepal has successfully managed HIV, malaria, menstrual hygiene management and health and hygiene projects. Currently, it works in areas of family planning, sexual and reproductive health and maternal and newborn health with health systems strengthening at its core. PSI/Nepal is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer: Bardibas-based
Senior M&E Officer is responsible to This position will ensure that M&E activities of the Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) Project are carried out in the project districts/municipalities of Madhesh Province in close coordination with the government, local implementing partners and other stakeholders. He/she will support the PSI/N ERO Team, M&E Manager and the M&E Officers (LIP) in ensuring timely collection and management of routine data using digital and paper-based system; management and maintenance of digital data collection devices/apps and paper-based forms/formats; conduct training, data entry, data verification, data analysis and preparation of reports as per the requirements of the project.
Experience and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or other relevant discipline (Master’s degree in Public Health preferred)
- Minimum five years of experience in related field with a bachelor’s degree or three years of experience with a master’s degree. Experience working in MNH projects and in strengthening government systems is preferred.
- Skilled in usage of common data analysis software for data processing, presentation, and communication.
- Knowledge and training in DHIS2 and digital recording and reporting is preferred.
- Strong skills in programmatic data analysis and report preparation. Good knowledge of health management information system (HMIS).
- Proactive and independent approach to work and problem solving with the capacity to perform in a complex environment with cultural sensitivity.
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills (diplomacy, patience) with the ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Fluent in English and Nepali (speaking and writing), Maithali preferred.
Detail Job Description (JD) can be obtained from the following link:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their motivation letter, updated resume (including two referees) by October 13, 2023 to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection process.
"We are an Equal Opportunity Employer"
|Category||Development and Project, Development / NGO|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Senior Level|
|Experience||5+ years, 3+ years|
|Education||B.P.H. (Bachelors in Public Health), Master's preferred, Bachelor's degree in a related field|
|Posted Date||27 Sep, 2023|
|Apply Before||13 Oct, 2023|