South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics and Environment (SAWTEE) is a regional network that operates through its secretariat in Kathmandu and member institutions from five South Asian countries, namely Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The overall objective of SAWTEE is to build the capacity of concerned stakeholders in South Asia in the context of liberalization and globalization. Policy research and dissemination, capacity building, and policy advocacy are SAWTEE’s major strengths.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics and Environment (SAWTEE) is a regional network that operates through its secretariat in Kathmandu and member institutions from five South Asian countries, namely Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. SAWTEE engages in policy research and dissemination, capacity building, and policy advocacy on trade and economic development issues.
SAWTEE is looking for a young and dedicated Nepali citizen for the position of Research/Programme Officer at its office in Kathmandu.
- Independently and significantly contribute to different stages of research (data collection and analysis, in-depth interviews, focus group discussions, report writing).
- Provide support to the organization in the implementation of existing projects and programmes.
- Undertake research and programme-related works as assigned.
- Prepare concept notes and proposals, and edit.
- Assist in organizing workshops, seminars and meetings.
- Prepare summaries and reports of projects and different activities of the organization.
- Participate in workshops, seminars and meetings and make presentations as necessary.
- Strong research and analytical skills in doing both qualitative and quantitative research, and ability to grasp new economic, trade and development issues quickly through self-study.
- Strong command over Nepali and English languages (both writing and speaking).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Qualification and experience
- Master’s Degree in economics, development studies, management or related field.
- Good understanding of economic, trade and development issues (e.g., policy reforms, investment climate and enabling business environment).
- Good understanding of issues in agricultural value chains and/or digital services will be considered an advantage.
- Prior relevant work experience of at least two years in research.
- Ability to proactively work with a diverse team and often under tight deadlines.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with recent curriculum vitae through email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application for the position of Research/Programme Officer” by 17 October 2022, 5:30 pm.
SAWTEE offers competitive salary and benefits. The position is initially for a one-year period, with possibility of extension. There will be a three-month probation period.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test and interview. Personal inquiries will not be entertained.
SAWTEE reserves the right to accept or reject any application without assigning any reasons whatsoever.