Project Manager (Inclusive Education)
Details / requirements:
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
For the one of its running education project, HI Nepal invites applications for the following position:
1. Project Manager (Inclusive Education) – 1 position
Terms & Conditions: Fixed term contract
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Develop project implementation strategies, operation plans and ensure quality assurance to meet the projects’ objectives and deliverables within the project time frame.
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure strong collaboration with consortium partners for effective planning and implementation of project activities
- Ensure appropriate data management systems and methodologies are available to identify children with disabilities and to audit accessibility for their quality inclusive education
- Coordinate to develop and implement clear and replicable inclusive education model/mechanisms at municipality and district level, in-line with the existing inclusive education policies.
- Develop strategy and action to enhance knowledge and skills of local stakeholders including authorities to actively participate in new approaches for inclusive education
- Coordinate for capacity building of consortium partners and local implementing partner
- Oversee the timely submission of all deliverables to management, donor, including regular reports (monthly, quarterly and annually), financial reports, and other reports and key documentation as required.
- Build the capacity of staff of partners and the project team on the project components and organizational management
- Take complete accountability and remain responsible for decisions related to managing costs and expenditure for project activities
- Maintain effective team cooperation via monthly coordination meeting, regular meetings with the project team so that there is efficient internal communications of information between team members, supervisor, consortium partner and the implementing partner.
- Liaise with project related line government departments/ ministries to explore various possibilities for developing / bringing in policy level changes for making the project inclusive
- Ensure the effective implementation and follow up of institutional policies (PSEA, mandatory cross-cutting approaches, donor risk management approaches on safeguarding etc.) on his/her project.
Qualification and Skills:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Education/Inclusive Education, Development Studies, Social Sciences or related field with 5 years of national and international project management experience in the field of education/inclusive education
- Demonstrated expertise in project planning, implementation and budgeting
- Knowledge of Education System and Disability inclusion in Nepal is desired
- Demonstrated problem solving, communication, and advocacy skills
- Good interpersonal, communication, coordination and networking skills
- Creative and strong team player with strategic, analytic thinking skills
- Fluent in writing and speaking English and Nepali
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12th December, 2023. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process and reject any application without specifying any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
HI firmly believes in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organization. This is why we are committed to a disability policy to encourage the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities. Please indicate if you require any special accommodations, including participation in the first interview.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment. HI Nepal has a zero tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the values and mission of HI, hence, all selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.