M&E and Communication Specialist
Detailed Job description / requirements:
M&E and Communication Specialist
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) on Nepal
General Summary and Background
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
The M&E and communication Specialist is responsible for the M&E, knowledge management and communications activities, internal and external, to support GHSC-PSM in Nepal. The M&E and Communication specialist will spearhead program information gathering and dissemination activities, develop and implement M&E and communication strategy, support technical reporting and completion of specific communication documents. The M&E and communication specialist will collect, finalize and disseminate lessons learned, share success stories and will also be responsible for knowledge sharing, participating in team building and work planning activities. Working closely with program partners and M&E Director, M&E and communication specialist will ensure timely and consistent communication of project impact. In addition, the M&E and communication specialist will design, innovate, and create multi-media messages and graphics to contribute to reporting requirements, manage media relations, and supervise consultants (where applicable). The M&E and communication specialist will report directly to the M&E Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic communication plans and lead implementation, advancing the project’s vision, mission, and mandate utilizing various media formats targeting a variety of audiences.
- Establish and socialize M&E and communication systems, platforms, processes, and tools to support efficient and effective knowledge management, learning, and communications and to ensure project’s institutional memory.
- Advise and support the Country Director and Technical Director to achieve and maintain effective communications with staff, partners, and project stakeholders.
- Liaise with GHSC-PSM’s headquarters (HQ) M&E and communication specialist team, providing data and information to support global communication initiatives and activities.
- Build solid working relationships with Directors and Managers to synthesize technical information in order to produce and disseminate accurate and useful knowledge products such as fact sheets, talking points, brochures, newsletters, technical reports, quarterly and annual reports, presentations, videos, multimedia, etc.
- In collaboration with GHSC-PSM HQ, assist the Country Director to respond to media inquiries, coordinate high-level visits, and manage media tours of project activities.
- Plan and lead workshops to train staff on branding, knowledge management, and communications best practices.
- Review and edit project communications for clarity, conciseness, and consistency.
- Serve as brand expert to ensure compliance to style, branding, and marking requirements.
- Generate and maintain a standard set of narrative data related to GHSC-PSM activities and accomplishments for internal and external use.
- Understand and adhered to project and central goals, strategies, and established policies and procedures, promoting them throughout GHSC-PSM staff.
- Work closely with M&E Director on reporting and assist her in data collection, analysis and dissemination
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- BA/Master’s degree in communications, knowledge management, public health, international development, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in knowledge management and communications, experience working in supply chain logistics, public health, and/or USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing and managing new workflow systems and processes.
- Experience producing high-quality communication products for a variety of channels (e.g., print, digital, video).
- Excellent command of the English and Nepali languages (verbal and written) with a proven ability to rewrite technical information for non-experts.
- Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in knowledge management and communication best practices.
- Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs.
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal, with intermittent travel throughout the project’s target regions as needed.
The M&E and communication specialist will report to the M&E Director.
Applications Instruction: Applicants are requested to send their CV and Cover letter at PSMNepalRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org, Deadlines for the application is Tuesday, January 19, 2021. No telephone calls are entertained.