- Company: FHI 360 Nepal
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Baluwatar, Kathmandu
- 5+ years
- Post Graduate / Masters in related field.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for the USAID-funded Civil Society: Mutual Accountability Project (CS:MAP) in Nepal as Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor.
Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor:
The GESI Advisor is responsible for overall implementation of the project’s GESI Plan. The GESI Advisor works closely with project teams to ensure GESI is integrated throughout project’s activities and provide training to staff and partners as necessary to improve their GESI awareness and integration skills. The GESI Advisor represents the project in all GESI-related events and builds and maintains relationships with GESI focal points within government institutions, media, and CSOs.
- Ensure implementation of the project’s GESI Action Plan and work with the civil society and media teams to provide support in implementing the plan
- Train CS:MAP staff, partners, and grantees in GESI principles
- Work with appropriate project teams, partners, consultants, and contractors to undertake GESI assessments as necessary
- Develop and maintain relationships with GESI liaisons within government institutions, CSOs, and media organizations
- Attend conference, workshops, and other events around GESI, and keep CS:MAP staff apprised of new developments and best practices around GESI
- Support the Capacity Building Manager in conducting GESI Audits with grantees to ensure GESI integration and compliance in their grant activities and GESI mainstreaming as part of their organizational capacity development
- Work closely with the Civil Society Director and Media Director and other program staff to ensure GESI is integrated throughout project activities
- Work closely with the M&E Manager to ensure project data collection and reporting comply with USAID’s GESI requirements
- Contribute to written project performance reports and ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of GESI integration activities
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience designing and implementing activities related to gender equality and social inclusion
- Solid knowledge of the Nepalese civil society sector is required
- Successful track record of working with organizations led by or representing women, youth, Muslims, Madhesis, Janajatis, Muslims, and other minority groups
- Preference given to candidates who demonstrate prior experience with advocacy campaigns and policy reform initiatives around GESI
- English and Nepali proficiency required
- Proficiency in other local languages is highly desired
- Occasional travel to Nepalgunj and project target sites in Western and earthquake-affected districts may be required
For above position, strong experiences on gender equality and social inclusion, including work experience with youth, women, Dalit, Janajati, and Madhesi groups will be an asset.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. December 20, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.