Health Systems Full Time Consultant
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ipas works globally to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to reduce abortion-related deaths and injuries. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas believes that no woman or girl should have to risk her life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices.
The Health Systems consultant will work under the leadership and supervision of the Senior Health System Advisor. The consultant will be responsible for coordination and supporting program above 13 weeks safe abortion service andother programs related to Health System Unit.
Position: Health Systems Full Time Consultant
Number of Positions: 1
Type of appointment: Consultant
Duration: Initially for 6 months with the possibility of extension from Mid-August 2020 till mid Feb 2021
Duties and responsibilities of the assignment
A. Support program for at and above 13 weeks safe abortion program
Support in identifying potential providers as per the national policy for at and above 13 weeks safe abortion training from functioning CEMOC facility.
Support in conducting pre-training and training management through blended learning approach with close coordination with National Health Training Center (NHTC), trainers and the potential trainees.
Support to conduct integration of Value Clarification and Attitude Transformation (VCAT workshop)
Support to provide post training support (programmatic and clinical) with close coordination with the clinical mentors and the providers to provide quality safe abortion and post abortion contraceptive service
Provide support in financial settlement, submission of relevant financial documents as well the R&M documents as per the organization policy.
B. Other Program management support and monitoring:
- Coordinate with the intervention medical colleges focal person on the ongoing first-trimester safe abortion training plan, collecting the training data and curriculum and also provide technical support for listing certificate prior to graduating from MD certification
- Support to coordinate with Provincial Health Training centre (PHTC) in implement developed provincial training package as per need base and training monitoring in the province training centre
- Support to follow up on the implementation of Minimum Service Standard (MSS)during monitoring of the program in the facility (hospitals and medical colleges)
- Provide logistic support and financial settlement for different workshop, orientation and TOTs
- Support in tracking the budget of the program implementation.
- Report writing and filling out the R&E form as per the events and field visits.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- The candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Sociology, nursing or other related disciplines.
- With 5 years or more experience in implementing and monitoring for safe abortion service and family planning including at and above 13 weeks program.
- Good knowledge on key national safe abortion policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrated achievement in communication and providing logistic and financial settlement of the program.
- Has strong communications and writing skills both in Nepali and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and flexible to adapt to a challenging work environment.
- Willing to travel on field visits as per the nature of the work
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae with subject as Application for “Health Systems Full Time Consultant”. Please make an online application and submit your documents through the link given:
Application deadline is Monday, 10 August 2020
*Canvassing at any stage will lead to automatic dismissal and Ipas Nepal reserves all rights to make the final selection.