Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for the position of GESI Advisor for an anticipated USAID Nepal-supported project entitled Equity and Inclusion in Education. This position will be based in Kathmandu with frequent travel to the project’s target provinces and is contingent upon award and funder’s approval.
The anticipated five-year USAID Nepal-funded Equity and Inclusion in Education activity will support the Government of Nepal to improve equitable access to quality basic education services for marginalized communities. The objectives are to reduce the number of out-of-school children and improve learning outcomes for marginalized students. Areas of focus may include decreasing financial barriers to education, increasing use of targeted non-formal education, increasing enrollment in early childhood education, increasing the relevance of education, and improving equitable teaching practices. This activity will provide targeted support to municipalities to implement evidence-based interventions that are driven by the local context in one or more of the following provinces: Province No. 2, Sudurpaschim, and/or Karnali.
Gender equity and social inclusion are the guiding principles of this activity. The GESI Advisor will work closely with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, as well as the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) to ensure that principles of gender equality and social inclusion are integrated into all aspects of project design and implementation. They will provide programmatic and technical support to the project team, government counterparts, and other stakeholders on effective integration of GESI considerations. They will work closely with project staff to ensure integration of GESI elements in the MEL plan. The GESI Advisor will also provide necessary guidance related to GESI mainstreaming within the project’s internal operations and processes, including in recruitment and HR policies.
- Provide GESI technical guidance related to the project’s objectives to the CoP, DCoP, Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, and other key technical staff.
- Lead and/or collaborate with a headquarters-based Gender/GESI Specialist as well as the Research and Evaluation team to conduct a GESI analysis at the beginning of the project, leading to a project GESI strategy.
- Support the COP and DCOP to oversee the integration of GESI activities into the project work plan and M&E plan and adjust activities to be responsive to GESI issues identified during the GESI analysis.
- Provide technical guidance across the various components of the project to ensure GESI integration in project interventions and trainings.
- Support the MEL Director to track and report against GESI-related indicators and disaggregating data appropriately to analyze results within each project component (intermediate result).
- In collaboration with the MEL Director, conduct annual GESI assessments to measure progress and adjust and/or refine project activities.
- In collaboration with a headquarters-based Gender/GESISpecialist (if needed), mentor and train project staff, partners, and stakeholders, including Ministry of Education officials, on GESI integration and mainstreaming issues, tools, policies, and practices as relate to project objectives.
- Prepare and deliver training content on gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and curricula as well as safe school methodologies to prevent and reduce school-related gender-based violence.
- Support technical project staff to ensure that training materials and participant engagement are gender- and social inclusion-sensitive.
- Provide technical support to education system stakeholders on the quality implementation of gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and safe school methodologies.
- Provide overarching GESI technical support to project stakeholders, including advising and supporting partners to integrate GESI considerations into activities.
- Review and provide technical feedback on results and project reports required by funders to ensure quality and full compliance with donor GESI policies and progress toward achieving GESI integration in the project.
- Develop tools, frameworks, and resources to enable better GESI integration in the project.
- Identify successful practices in the project that can be showcased in publications, communication materials, and conferences.
- Prepare communications materials that highlight the project’s GESI programming, successes, and lessons learned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the relevant subject area(s), preferably in gender, social work, education, international development, or community development required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6years of experience designing, managing, and implementing activities to promote gender equality and social inclusion.
- Strong understanding of issues related to gender equality in education, including gender- and socially inclusive pedagogy and safe learning environments, and disability inclusion required.
- Experience ensuringGESI integration in project design, implementation and M&E required.
- Experience developing and delivering GESI-themed content in training and education materials as well as GESI-focused assessments, training, and organizational capacity-building preferred.
- Ability to navigate politically sensitive subjects and maintain constructive relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and transmit their vision to partners and colleagues.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with others.
- Experience in the education sector in Nepal or the region strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US Government rules, regulations, policies and procedures regarding compliance and reporting on projects and programs.
- Fluency in English and Nepali required; knowledge in local language from Province No. 2, Karnali, and/or Sudurpaschim will add a value
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Deadline for application is till October 22, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.