Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Coordinator
Detailed Job description / requirements:
World Vision is a child focused relief, development and advocacy organization that has contributed to transformation in the lives of millions of children around the world in vulnerable situations. We are driven by Christian values to serve children and families regardless of their religion, age, gender, ethnicity, class and caste. We are looking for potential Nepalese candidates to fill out the following position:
No of positions- 1(One)
Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Coordinator- based in Sarlahi District ( Fixed Term Contract until June 30, 2022)
The purpose of this position is to support WVIN’s SIKAI (Strengthening Inclusive Education Project in Nepal) Project on implementation of GESI Action Plan and documentation of good practices during implementation of project activities. This position aims to build the capacity of the PNGO (Partner Non-Government Organization) and to meet the requirement of the organization and preposition them for the GESI activities and strategy.
The GESI Coordinator position is responsible for tracking and ensuring performance on SIKAI’s KPIs and commitments for Reaching the Most Vulnerable under World Vision’s and its 2021-2025 Country Strategy. The position supports and strengthens mainstreaming of Gender equality and social inclusion in the implementation of SIKAI project of World Vision International Nepal. This position will be responsible
- to lead, coordinate and monitor GESI integration in SIKAI project; and contribute to ensure GESI transformative approach in the project.
- to coordinate, provide technical support and review and monitor for the effective implementation of “GESI action plan of the SIKAI Project”;
- to support on generating and documenting evidence of GESI Responsive interventions and outcomes from the project; and to involve in capacity strengthening of the project team of PNGO and three consortium partners.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- Master’s Degree in Sociology, Gender, Women Development or in related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Gender, Women Development or in related field
- At least 3 years field experience in GESI programming or the equivalent in the headquarters of a major NGO (5 + years preferred) for Master’s Degree
- At least 5 years field experience in GESI programming or the equivalent in the headquarters of a major NGO (7 + years preferred) for Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in mainstreaming GESI in project cycle.
- Experience in preparing and leading training workshops.
- Work experience with an INGO/ NGO/UN agencies.
- Experience of engaging partners’ staff and Government staff on GESI advocacy.
Travel Requirement: 50% of the time
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete ‘Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Application Letter’ quoting the Job Title as the subject by “June 20, 2021” before 17:00 hours to the email, address mentioned below.
For Details: https://careers.wvi.org/index.php
World Vision International Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal