Detailed Job description / requirements:
First time Notice Published Date: 20th September 2018
Forum for Rural Development (FORD) Nepal is Non-Government Organization (NGO) established in 2056 B.S.Since the beginning, the organization has implemented different projects primarily focused on community development and social transformation to bring positive and sustained changes in the lives of poor and vulnerable citizens. FORD Nepal has focused on fostering rural livelihood improvement through organizing people and developing inclusive leadership. Recently, the organization is implementing Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Program (ORRP) in partnership with the Catholic Relief Service (CRS Nepal) at Likhu and Champadevi rural municipality of (former Singhadevi, Raniban and Phulbari VDCs of Okhaldhunga) to reconstruct community infrastructure and restore the livelihoods. Under ORR program, FORD Nepal is implementing Livelihood, Shelter and Restoration program. For successful implementation of the ORRP in rural areas, FORD Nepal is looking for qualified and experienced following positions.
Job Title: Finance Officer
No of position: 1
Job Location: Manthali-1, Ramechhap
Length of Contract:Initial 1 year with highly possibility of extension
Responsible to:Program Manager
Required qualification and experiences:
- Minimum bachelor degree in Management/Accounting with at least 2 years of relevant work experiences with I/NGOs.
- Experience in financial system, process, planning and implementation.
- Experience and knowledge of financial working modality of both government and non-government Organization.
- Strong communication, documentation, and dissemination skills .
- Excellent skills in operating computer software(preferred FAMAS) and knowledge on DIP and logical framework .
Areas of responsibility:
- Effectively maintain all financial tasks like preparing voucher, the general ledger and book of account of the program.
- Process payment requests of program manager/Executive Director in accordance with FORD-Nepal financial guidelines and statutory requirements.
- Support in revising monthly and quarterly budget /cash flow forecast accurately within the due date in coordination with the /PM/ED.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement
- Support in reviewing financial reports and settlement documents to ensure compliance with the plan policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial report and submit it to PM/ED and funding partner.
- Calculation of VAT, Tax and other deduction to deduct from the source while making payment.
- Arrangement and provide the necessaary supporting documents for Internal/External/Annual Audit.
- He/She will be responsible for supporting in the accurate accounting and reporting of financial transactions as per the operational manual, policy and procedures.
- Enrollement in budget prepaaration and ensuring the activities expenses is within the budget allocated and in specific heading.
- Perform the task allocated by Supervisor.
Salaries and benefits: According to FORD-Nepal Standards
Interested Nepali citizen are request to forward their Covering latterand CV with expected salary to email@example.com by 30th September 2018 5:00 pm or can submit at FORD Nepal’s Project ImplementationUnit. Only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted for selection process. The organization reserve the right to reject any/all application without assigning any reason whatsoever. We encourage women, people of ethnic minorities and Dalits to apply.
For more details:
Human Resources Department
Forum for Rural Development (FORD) Nepal)
Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Program (ORRP)
Project Implementation Unit
Phone. - 048-540602
|Category||Finance & Administration|
|Education||BBA / BBM|
|Posted Date||20 Sep, 2018|
|Apply Before||30 Sep, 2018|