CBM is an international development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world irrespective of race, gender or religious belief. CBM has been working in Nepal since 1982. Our work in Nepal spans across 36 districts and based on a programmatic approach to ensure rehabilitation and inclusive development of persons with disabilities. Based on its core values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty both as a cause and as a consequence of disability, and works in partnership with local and national civil society organisations to create an inclusive society for all.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CBM International is an international development organization committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world irrespective of race, gender or religious belief. Our work in Nepal spans across 36 districts and based on a programmatic approach to ensure rehabilitation and inclusive development of persons with disabilities in partnership with local organizations.
CBM seeks application from qualified and competent candidates for following position:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Dotted line – Regional Finance Manager
Fixed Term Contract
|Contract Duration: Two Years|
Responsible and accountable for all finance matters in the Country Office. Ensures strong financial discipline in Country Offices finances, implements control and compliance checks to ensure donor funds are utilized for in line with CBM and donor agreements. Works closely with local partners to ensure all CBM financial requirements are met.
Financial management support to programmes
- Set-up and maintain strong control processes to ensure that financial resources are used by partners in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures, and with specific donor requirements and contracts and provide training/coaching as needed.
- Give immediate notification of (critical) finance issues, and engage actively in the resolution of these issues.
Budgeting and planning
- Coordinate all aspects of the annual and multi-year budget process with partners, in line with CBM’s budget guidelines.
- Prepare and manage all aspects of the annual Country Office budget.
Country Office finance management and controls
- Maintain internal accounting system and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
- Ensure compliance with in-country financial regulatory requirements including statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc. and work on other compliance matters with the relevant functions:
- Submit timely and complete reports to the Country Director, Regional Hub Office and International Office as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements.
- Provide regular budget monitoring reports (budget vs. actual expenditures) and other financial reports to budget holders/stakeholders as required for periodical analysis and provide recommendations for budget realignments as required.
Staff line management
- Adequately resource the CBM country finance function in terms of staff numbers, skills and capacity and manage the country finance team based on performance.
- Actively participate as a member of the Country Office Senior Management Team.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit; professional qualification in accounting an advantage (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CIA).
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a senior position ensuring effective financial management, systems and controls, including institutional grant management, particularly with an international development organisation.
- Working experience in the context of social inclusion and in particular disability inclusion a distinct advantage.
- Ability to develop finance management capacity in others, and promote the importance of solid financial controls internally and to partners.
- Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s values and Child Safeguarding Policy.
To apply: For detailed Job Description, log on to http://bit.ly/35eFM6 To apply submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5 pm 16Feb 2020 clearly mentioning the subject line “HR-2020-04” Application for FM”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Written test & Interview will be taken on the same day. Further telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
Persons with disability, women and candidates from marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.