Details / requirements:
Partnership Aid Centre (PACE-Nepal) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Jumla, established in 2006. Over the past 17 years, PACE Nepal has been actively working in the Karnali region, specifically in four districts: Jumla, Kalikot, Mugu, and Dailekh. The organization is dedicated to various areas of community development, including community mobilization, influencing lobby/advocacy, livelihood and poverty alleviation, human rights, social development, micro-enterprise, infrastructure, climate change adaptation, natural resource management, disaster risk reduction, good governance, health promotion, and education.
Currently, PACE Nepal is launching the "Menstrual Dignity for SRHR in all Diversities Project" in support Amplify for Change, and collaboration with Radha Paudel Foundation, and CPO/PACE-NEPAL. This project aims to promote dignified menstruation, ensuring that children, adolescent girls, youth girls, and young women have the right to live free from early and forced marriage. The project will be specifically implemented in the Tatopani Rural Municipality of Jumla District.
As part of the project implementation team, PACE Nepal is seeking qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Finance Assistant. The duty station for this role is the Jumla District Office, with frequent movement required in project areas. Interested individuals are invited to apply for these positions to contribute to the success of the Menstrual Dignity project and support the broader goals of PACE Nepal in the Karnali Province.
Position: Finance Assistant - 1
Duty station: Head Office, Jumla (frequently movement in project areas)
Report to: Finance Coordinator
- Maintain record of overall expenditure of the program activities in accordance the direction of program unit
- Prepare report and ensure the financial transactions, payments and procurements held as per organization policy and government regulations
- Submit financial and admin report to Program coordinator/ donors on accounting principles, entry of vouchers/transaction into true book software and production of required financial reports and statements.
- Assist the organization and management of internal and external audits
- Ensure, develop & maintain income goods, equipment, material and their posting into the proper ledger.
- Calculate the taxes on applicable deducted sources, deposit in timely to concerned office and maintain E-TDS system
- Maintain proper filing and effective documentation of all documents related to finance and administration.
- Facilitate to release advance to the program staff implementation at district and Palika level.
- Receive, verify and ensure that supporting documents are submitted by program staffs while settling advance.
- Check and ensure attendance, payment and other necessary supporting documents required for settlement.
- Provide orientation to the new project staff on financial norms and policy of the project.
- Prepare and submit qualitative and quantitative financial report to Plan International Nepal.
- Perform any other duties as required or requested by line manager and the board.
Qualification and Experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies (BBS), Commerce or equivalent subject from a recognized university with minimum 2 years’ experience in NGOs sector.
- Experience of office management, staff management, basic finance management and procurement management.
- Excellent Finance report writing, data management, documentation and presentation.
- Experience in the use of MS office Package (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.) & Internet, experience working in a computerized accounting environment like true book, ability to lead financial management of the project/program and link this with the overall financial management of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice, advanced understanding of the development and NGO sector.
- Experience in reporting to donors in an NGO environment.
- Experience of working with coalitions and networks.
- Good spoken and written English and Nepali languages.
- Self- motivated and capable of managing work independently
- Good understanding of the laws of Nepal related to tax, insurance, etc.
Salary and Benefits: As per the organization's norms and contingent upon project agreement.
Qualified interested applicant who meet these criteria’s should send an application letter along with an updated CV with at least two recent references, a recent passport size photograph with their contact address mail/mobile/telephone to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Application should be reached not later than 11th December 2023 before 5:00 PM from the first date of publication.