The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle worldwide to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Every IFES project is staffed by national and international staff while partnering with local organizations. This homegrown approach ensures that the expertise offered by IFES fits the needs of the country or client and the benefit of assistance outlasts the life of the project. Our work is nonpartisan and also includes projects that: Help citizens participate in their democracies Increase politicians' accountability to the electorate Strengthen government institutions Since its founding in 1987, IFES has worked in more than 100 countries - from developing democracies such as Liberia, to mature democracies such as the United States.
Details / requirements:
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
is an International NGO that supports the building of democratic societies
around the world. Since 2006, IFES Nepal has worked with the Election
Commission of Nepal (ECN) and local civil society partners to enhance citizen
participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking a Finance Assistant to support program implementation, review subgrant financial reports and support IFES Nepal financial management. This position will be under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager and will be full-time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Check petty cash vouchers, receipts, and replenish to established levels upon receipt of replenishment request from petty cash holder.
- Help review sub-grant financial reports on a monthly basis to ensure that are up to date, comprehensive, and Maintain copies of sub-grant financial reports and other relevant records in electronic format
- Assist to develop and maintain sub-grant tracking system that provides information for the comparison of budget vs. actual expenditure;
- Report regularly to Finance Manager and as required to the Country Director/Deputy Country Director;
- Assist in compilation of monthly financial reports to IFES headquarters;
- Assist in tracking and controlling IFES accounts;
- Provide financial assistance for project workshops and consultant trips, including liaising with and paying vendors, ordering and purchasing supplies, handling reimbursements or travel functions;
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor or equivalent in accounting/ financial management or a relevant business field.
- At least two or more years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, including experience with double-entry accounting, working experience with I/NGOs is preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with computerized, double-entry accounting software, preferably QuickBook
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
This position is opened for Nepali nationals only and is based in Kathmandu with potential for some travel outside Kathmandu.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications and requirements are requested to send their application along with an updated CV with two references, to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position title in the subject of the email. The application deadline is December 08, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection processes. This position is contingent on project funding.