Finance & Admin Officer
Center for Research and Sustainable Development Nepal (CREASION) is a not-for-profit organization that was established in 2005. Since it was founded, CREASION has been a leader in environmental protection in Nepal through recycling, research, emergency response, grass-roots and circular economy related interventions. CREASION also houses innovative, impact-based projects as well as a learning center for youth. CREASION’s work is majorly centered around four thematic areas; Environment and Sustainability, Disaster Risk Reduction, Education and Advocacy, and Youth and Volunteerism.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Job Description for Finance and Admin Officer
Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
Salary Range: 50,000- 70,000
About the Company
Creasion Ventures Inc. Pvt Ltd is a private company that works in the field of plastic waste collection and recycling. It’s located in Baluwatar, Kathmandu.
Purpose of the Role
Finance & Admin Officer is responsible for the overall financial planning and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and internal control of the company. Also, he/ she will be responsible for financial reporting to management and the board of directors, as well as complying with company and government regulations. Additionally, the CFO will overview effective risk management and planning the company’s financial strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Take responsibility (either directly or via staff) for all cash management, investments, budgeting, and financial reporting, and help drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs
- Coordinate development of annual operating, capital, and program budgets, as well as reporting for the same
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with operations by overseeing day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal-control activities of the company
- Develop and implement best practices and tools to ensure a well-controlled yet flexible company with strong fiscal management, project coordination, cross-team communications, and workflows
- Comply with national and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation and taking appropriate action
- Work with senior managers to efficiently develop budget proposals, provide access to project finance information, and ensure contract/grant compliance and reporting
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyze internal operations, and identify areas for cost reduction and process enhancement
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
- Oversee HR operations by coordinating with external service providers (ex: payroll, benefits, recruitment) and internal staff responsible for other aspects of HR
- Implement and timely update/upgrade the financial and administrative policies, procedures and directives and internal control mechanism of the company in coordination with the senior managers
- Cross verifies (compliance and relevancy) all financial transactions done by project staff to meet the requirements of the individual donor
- Monitor business performance with tracking tools, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports for earnings calls, management team, and rest of company
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- Informed about industry trends, financial regulations, and best practices to make informed decisions
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Strong skills in budget development and oversight
- Minimum of five years of experience in related fields preferred.
- Strong accounting software skills; experience with SaaS business models will be prioritized
- Exceptional leadership, time management, resource allocation, and facilitation
- Ready to travel frequently and perform field work whenever necessary.
- Excellent command over spoken Nepali and English languages.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
To apply: Submit an updated CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th October 2023.
Call +977-9802343995; 01-4540085 for other required information.