Field Health and Nutrition Lead
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Field Health and Nutrition Lead– East Field Office 
World Vision is a child focused relief, development and advocacy organization that contributed to transformation in the lives of millions of children around the world in vulnerable situations. We are driven by Christian values to serve children and families regardless of their religion, age, gender, ethnicity, class and caste.
Here’s where you come in:
The Field Sector lead will manage Health & Nutrition programme portfolio in respective WVI NEPAL’s Field Office/s (district based) in compliance with WVI NEPAL’s sectoral and quality standards, Government’s policies and industry norms. The role will be responsible for monitoring the performance of partner NGOs, ensuring the quality standards, equipping partner NGOs with appropriate technical and functional support, and managing relationships with sectoral key stakeholders including Local Governments. The position is responsible for developing and delivering a comprehensive in-field annual technical support plan for the sector. The role is responsible for drafting and rolling out all necessary technical tools, quality benchmarks and guidance materials to support quality program implementation at the field. This position shall be responsible to ensure DPA principle is followed as a part of project management. This position will be responsible for relationship management for strategic opportunities are collaborations for respective sector and work with Field Operations Manager for provincial stakeholders relationship management.
- Manage, monitor and document performance of partner NGOs to ensure that the implementation of Health & Nutrition projects / programme are according to plans, budgets and in alignment with quality standards and benchmarks
- Coordinate and facilitate appropriate technical support for partner NGOs to adequate technical quality in the delivery of WVI NEPAL’s Health & Nutrition projects, meeting minimum standards and targets including reaching the most vulnerable children, families and communities, empower communities, and mainstream crosscutting theme – inclusion, disabilities, environment, gender and protection
- Prepare and disseminate regular quality reporting to update WVI NEPAL’s management on the progress of WVI NEPAL’s Health & Nutrition projects / programme against key performance indicators and strategic objectives
- Lead in managing WVI Development Programme Approach adhered in given projects / programme to contribute on sustainability and broader impact
- Maintain a good integration of sectors and cross cutting themes in the given sector
- Lead in managing new project(s) start up and closure processes
- Demonstrate leadership in promoting efficient and innovative ways to manage programme by replicating these in the field
- Support Partner NGOs and Field Office to respond to disaster preparedness and responses
- Lead in preparing WVI regular / periodic reports and upload in the proper systems such as horizon
- Ensure the projects/programme targets and budget burn rates are on track and effectively managed by the Partner NGOs
- Ensure minimum standard of GESI mainstreaming, integration and diversity in programmes and projects
- Ensure improved nutritional health of socially excluded groups, women, children and people with disability
- Lead in managing all the data and information on projects / programme real time progress to ensure that partner NGOs provide timely and relevant data for appropriate analysis of programme results, including sharing of results and continuous improvements of programme design and implementation
- Lead and coordinate with other sectors and functions to ensure that partner NGOs have access to appropriate information, tools and resources to enable compliance of projects with organizational standards and legal requirement in the areas of financial management, supply chain management, people management and project management
- Support Partner NGOs in providing reliable data and adequate information
- Lead in providing disaggregated data on the given sector including registered children
- Support MEAL in developing and rolling out data recording and reporting system
- Ensure all the thematic data are recorded in system and track the thematic progress against target in periodic basis in support with MEAL staff
- Document thematic outcome level case stories in support with MEAL staff
- Support MEAL team in developing ToR, proposal and tools for research and assessment
- Ensure improved capacity of partner NGOs on GESI mainstreaming and GESI sensitive organizational culture
- Identify and assess risks associated with the implementation of WVI NEPAL’s projects / programmes by partner NGOs communicate risks to management
- Lead in coordinating with Field Office Team and other WVI NEPAL’s departments, lead partner NGOs to prioritize risks, develop and implement mitigation measures
- Ensure that all business processes and operational activities that are associated with the implementation of WVI NEPAL’s projects / programme in compliance with WV’s and donors’ standards and requirements
- Identify disaster risks and include these risks in the programme planning and implementation
- Orient and provide technical guidance to NGO partner staff on the programming tools and materials to ensure they are utilized correctly and applied during programme implementation;
- Develop and deliver training and capacity building for Partner NGO staffs to ensure adequate competencies at field/partner level to deliver all necessary components of the given projects/programme to ensure performance targets achieved;
- Provide in-field support to Partner NGOs during key events to strengthen programming quality and results;
- Lead in providing appropriate tools and techniques to PNGOs in order measure and update on the projects progress
- Support the PNGOs to maintain a good integration efforts with other sector(s) and cross cutting themes appropriately
- Lead in providing adequate support to PNGOs and monitor closely in applying WVI Development Programme Approach (DPA) and sustainability aspects in the given sector
- Lead in supporting Partner NGO and Field Office team in introducing and implementing all the new initiatives from the GC and WVI NEPAL
- Demonstrate agility in work performance to role model other team members and Partner NGO team members to adjust and manage changes
- Work with MEAL specialist and partner NGOs to ensure appropriate analysis and programme results, including sharing of results and continuous improvements of programme design, research and implementation
- Coordinate with MEALS division (Monitoring Evaluation Accountability Learning & Strategy) to develop and implement effective results measurement system to track the impact of WVI NEPAL’s Health & Nutrition projects / programme, including helping to draft minimum quality standards for the Programmes;
- Conduct monitoring visit utilizing quality benchmarks/minimum standards/implementation guideline and record findings in QBM system
- Conduct child consultation and community consultation during field visits and ensure findings are recorded in complaint feedback system
- Provide input during project design and implementation to ensure all projects / programme target the most vulnerable, empower communities and mainstream crosscutting theme – inclusion, disabilities, environment, gender and protection;
- Work to ensure WVI NEPAL makes best use of results data to make continuous improvements to Health & Nutrition projects / programme;
- Document evidence of good practice of the Health & Nutrition sector and make them available to share externally, including with Support Offices and donors.
- Ensure GESI sensitive monitoring, reporting and success stories compilation
- Lead external relationships and engagement with government line agencies, other INGOs/NGOs, research institutions and private sector at local, district and provincial levels in alignment with WVI NEPAL’s national strategy/plan for engagement in Health & Nutrition sector
- Coordinate and support partner NGOs to manage relationships with local stakeholders, bodies and networks that are relevant for achieving WVI NEPAL’s advocacy objectives in the given sector
- Represent the organization in different consortiums, clusters and other relevant meetings and groups to share update about WVI NEPAL and also to receive information to appropriately utilize in organization’s strategic move
- Manage all field visits for the government and other key stakeholders including Support Offices and donors to showcase WVI NEPAL projects/ programme impact in the field
- Seek strategic partnership with externals and key stakeholders to contribute on strategic objectives and goals
- Lead in coordinating and providing update during the disaster preparedness and responses in the given sector and working areas
- 3 years field experience in Health & Nutrition programming or the equivalent in the headquarters of a major NGO (3-5 years preferred)
- At least 3 years of project management experience
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- University degree or equivalent in an Public health/Health & Nutrition or related field
- Course on Health & Nutrition programming/project models is preferred
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge on the latest development thinking on Health & Nutrition programming, including PD hearth, Health Mother groups, WASH, CVA
- Team building, collaboration, facilitation and leadership skills
- Understanding of education programming, including empowerment approaches involving community-led activities and advocacy
- Good understanding program cycle including project planning, design, monitoring, evaluation
- Demonstrated networking, partnership and coordination ability
- Excellent problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Good English writing skills required to report capturing results, evidence, good practice and learning
Travel and/or Work Environment 60%
Is This Job for You?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organization working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may apply by Wednesday
October 4, 2023 by logging on to Field-Health-and-Nutrition-Lead_R24948 for more details on the position and application.
For more information on World Vision International Nepal please visit our website: https://www.wvi.org/nepal
This position will be based in any one district in Madhesh province.
World Vision International Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal