EXPRESSION OF INTEREST : Call for Strategic Humanitarian Partnership
CBM Global works alongside people with disabilities in the world’s poorest places to fight poverty and exclusion and transform lives. Drawing on over 100 years’ experience, we work with the most marginalised in society to break the cycle of poverty and disability and build inclusive communities where everyone can enjoy their human rights and fulfil their full potential. CBM initiated its work in Nepal since 1982 and supports a diverse mix of national partners engaged in Inclusive Eye and Ear Care, Rehabilitation, Education, and Social Inclusion of persons with disabilities.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Call for Strategic Humanitarian Partnership
CBM Global is a dual mandate organisation. As a dual mandate organisation, CBM Global Nepal Country Office (NCO) has been prioritising humanitarian actions along with development programs in its working geography of Nepal. Similarly, humanitarian preparedness and response is one of the strategic goals of the country office. CBM Global Nepal strategically prioritized the humanitarian preparedness and response in its revised Country Strategic Plan 2019-24. The humanitarian preparedness strategy has envisioned for strategically partnering with strong non-governmental organisations having strong operational and technical capacity of humanitarian programs.
With this requirement CBM Global Nepal is looking for humanitarian partners  with whom we will build the strategic partnership for nationwide emergency crisis. The selected partners may give the responsibilities to implement L2/L3 disaster anywhere in country in collaboration with local partners and Organisations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs).
Therefore, CBM Global Nepal invite the organisations for submitting the Expression of Interest to collaborate in implementing future inclusive humanitarian actions especially responding to nationwide emergency. The strategic partnership will not limit only on implementing the response programs, it will also bring the opportunity of strengthening the capacity of organisations in disability inclusive humanitarian actions.
Criteria of the applicant NGOs:
- Organisation with mandate to carry out the emergency response.
- Organisation with operational capacity to carry out response; L2/L3 emergency.
- Organisation with track record of responding to L2/L3 emergency following the humanitarian principles.
- Organisation with experience of producing inclusive DRM knowledge and resources.
- Organisation with technical thematic capacities that align with CBM Global Nepal’s humanitarian programmatic niche. (i.e., Cash Based Interventions, In Kind food and In-Kind Non-Food, Inclusive Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), Physical Rehabilitation and Early Recovery Actions)
- Existence of functional governing/executive board and management.
- Affiliated to Social Welfare Council.
- Up to date periodic renewal and tax clearance certificate obtained.
Documents to be submitted:
- Duly filled Expression of Interest form as per the format provided.
- Copies of updated Legal documents (Legislations, NGO registration, SWC affiliation, PAN certificate, organization renewal and Tax clearance certificate).
- A detailed profile of the NGO that includes type of programs implemented, target groups supported, existing policies and cross cutting issues.
- A concept note on inclusive humanitarian response in any one province. (5 page)
- Last three year’s annual audit reports including Fiscal year 77/78.
- Two references from current or previous donors/partners.
Note: Please submit the latest documents wherever applicable.
The completed EOI including organizational documents mentioned above should be submitted in a sealed envelope to the following address by 30 October 2022.
CBM Global Nepal Country Office
Milap Road, Sanepa 2/KA, Lalitpur Municipality, Nepal,
Phone: +977 1 5441090/91
Online submission can be made to email@example.com by 30, October 2022.
Only short-listed NGOs will be notified for the further detail organizational assessment process. CBM Global Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any or all application without giving any reason whatsoever. Attempt for influence by any means during the selection process will lead for disqualification.
 Non-Governmental organisations who will be the partner of CBM Global Nepal Country Office for Humanitarian Programs anywhere in the country
 L2-Level 2 Emergency: Implications with 100,000+ individuals affected, government/partners likely to request support, may require surge capacity, moderate public interest, urgent funding needs between 200,000-500,000 Euros.
L3-Level 3 Emergency: Significant implications with 500,000+ individuals affected, govt. requests int. assistance, partners request strong support, requires mobilizing surge capacity, national appeals launched, high level media interest, minimum funding needs 500,000 Euros.