Enterprise Development Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Established in 1997, SEBAC-Nepal is a national-level, non-profit making NGO. It is currently working in 29 districts of Nepal in various thematic areas. SEBAC-Nepal hereby invites applications from young, qualified, energetic, and result-oriented Nepalese citizens for the position of Enterprise Development Officer for its project "WASH Uddhyami". The project is being implemented in Sindhupalchowk and Dolakha districts of Nepal.
Designation: Enterprise Development Officer
Work station: Dolakha district with frequent travel to Sindhupalchwok district
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (BBA), Business Management (BBM), Business Studies (BBS), Bachelor's Degree in Economics or other relevant subjects.
Experience: At least 3 years of work experience in the areas of livelihood-based initiatives, capacity-building projects for skill development and income generation or enterprise development, preferably in rural communities of Nepal.
Duration: Initially for a period of one year with the possibility of extension.
Salaries and Benefits: Will be competitive.
- Assist the project team in identifying appropriate training packages and developing a training manual in line with project documents.
- Prepare adetailed training plan,schedule, content outline and guidelines for the project team.
- Manage logistics, including venue, refreshments, stationery, transportation for participants and training materials, in coordination with the project team.
- Assist in writing training and event reports.
- Assist the consultant in conducting a baseline survey, and the project team in organizing Focus Group Discussions and Key Informant Interviews.
- Facilitate in conducting dialogues among potential women entrepreneurs, financial institutions and private service providers; document the process and outcomes.
- Coordinate and network with other stakeholders in the value chain, including representatives of the Offices of Rural/Urban Municipalities and local governments.
- Motivate and mentor potential women entrepreneurs or the existing ones to develop realistic business plans.
- Guide and support entrepreneurs through the business registration process.
- Assist the program coordinator in project progress reporting by collecting data and information, and analyzing them.
- Participate in events and learning opportunities provided to the staff for strengthening their capacity; and apply the skills and knowledge to the project.
Required competencies and capabilities:
- Proven ability to plan, develop and facilitate the enterprise development process
- Strong mentoring and facilitation skills preferred
- Strong communicator with ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups
- Proficient in MS Office applications, mainly Microsoft word and excel.
- Able to work in hill districts and willing to travel frequently to field areas.
- Good comprehensive skills in English language and ability to write reports in English and Nepali. Should be able to strongly communicate in English language in the international trainings/programs.
- Should possess a valid driving license of a two-wheeler, and have experience of riding two-wheeler in the hilly region of Nepal.
- Applicants should not exceed 35 years of age at the time of application.
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, are requested to send an application letter clearly stating the applied position and an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com.The deadline to apply for the above position is 17:00hrs, 25th June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the selection processes shall lead to automatic disqualification. SEBAC-Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourage candidates from diverse background, women and marginalized communities to apply.