eLMIS Help Desk Coordinator
Detailed Job description / requirements:
eLMIS Help Desk Coordinator
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
The purpose of Senior eLMIS Help Desk Coordinator is to receive, troubleshoot, and responds to end-user problems or requests in a timely manner. Logs and tracks the problems or requests and determines the best manner to address the problems or requests. Strengthen eLMIS helpdesk support across all levels of the supply chain. Ensure a consistent response to problem resolution, service requests, status reporting and notification of changes related to the information technology environment of the eLMIS and Build capacity of government of Nepal counterparts in support of technical independence on eLMIS helpdesk
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracks eLMIS Help Desk requests and communicating updates and outcomes regularly to end users.
- Oversee the support prioritization, categorization and resolution procedures.
- Monitor and manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) for eLMIS support and ensure compliance are met as per the support contract.
- Monitor and ensure escalation processes are in-place and followed.
- Work closely with eLMIS support vendor and implement industrial practices for Application support.
- Follow up on tickets logged for resolution and ensure tickets are closed on time.
- Development and implementation of strategy to transition eLMIS helpdesk support to GON
- Participate in development/review/updated support documents
- Work closely with other technical and functional team members to understand and prioritize business needs and find holistic approach to resolve the issues.
- Plan, prepare and execute service audits for support (L1, L2 and L3) services in coordination with all relevant stakeholders.
- Assess and analyze the problem, to study its impact and to advise on the proper supportive functions that are necessary.
- Recommend adjustments to meet the end users’ requirements and assist in determining, maintaining, analyzing, identifying and monitoring the issues related to problem management.
- To keep a track record of all the relevant documentation and to make sure effective contribution is made to improvise the operational procedures.
- Proactively communicate with the users, vendor and other stakeholders in order to provide updates on outstanding incidents and projects
- Work closely with the vendor to plan, prepare, and execute application hosting.
- Ensure application is hosted on a secure environment and 99.98% system availability to the users.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to applications in order to assist the team in providing a high level of customer service
- Administer Change Control and ensure any changes follow change management process.
- Work closely with MD Central, Provincial, District and LLGs eLMIS Point of Contact (POCs) to ensure seamless helpdesk support across all levels
- Work closely with Central eLMIS POC to coordinate issue logging and resolution in close coordination with the Vendor (L3).
- Review and approved updated support documents
- Work closely with the vendors and design process on the recurring issues, to generate mature and stable system
- Build capacity of GON staff to ensure effective helpdesk support for eLMIS
- Work positively and communicate professionally across teams in order to make an effective contribution to team tasks and team spirit
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering, BTech, BCA or other qualifications with more than 3 consecutive years of eLMIS help desk support.
- Previous experience in a similar Help Desk support role or IT administrative environment.
- Previous ERP systems experience is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Good Knowledge on Servers, Data Security and Application Hosting
- Experience of providing customer service over the telephone
- Experience of using help Desk incident logging software
- Customer Service: ability to meet and strive to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by producing quality work and service
- Able to work together with colleagues to pool skills, ideas and resources to achieve objectives and resolve problems
- Preferably have experience of support management for public sector client.
- Good understanding of software support management best practices and global framework
- Planning and Organizing: able to work to important deadlines and manage time effectively
- Written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English is required.
- This is a local position for Nepali
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Katmandu, Nepal, with intermittent travel throughout the country and international when necessary
The eLMIS Help Desk Coordinator will report to the MIS Manager.
Applications Instruction: Applicants are requested to send their CV and Cover letter at PSMNepalRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org, Deadlines for the application is Tuesday, January 19, 2021. No telephone calls are entertained.