Details / requirements:
Introduction of PEEDA
People, Energy, and Environment Development Association (PEEDA) is an NGO established in 1997 to enhance renewable energy development in Nepal. PEEDA aims to mobilize local and external resources to harness indigenous resources, thereby promoting poverty alleviation activities. The objective of the organization is to improve the livelihoods of communities, particularly the poor, by communal utilization of renewable energy resources while ensuring due care for the environment.
PEEDA is active in the field of renewable energy and environment for more than 25 years to enhance socio-economic development through research and implementation activities. PEEDA’s working area includes all districts within Nepal, but especially the rural areas.
Job Position: DRR/CCA Officer
PEEDA is currently looking for a DRR/CCA officer who is enthusiastic, motivated, and eager to learn and work in the field of Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction. The position demands a positive attitude and teamwork.
The position will be responsible for the implementation and follow-up of the project activities. The key responsibilities for the position are listed as below:
- Conduct stakeholder meetings and build relations with local government.
- Field-level implementation of project activities, quality assurance of the work, and maintain appropriate project documentation.
- Conduct awareness campaigns on Climate Change and DRR.
- Conduct school-level programs on Climate Change.
- Conduct field surveys and other field-related activities as required.
- Mobilize the field staff and provide technical support where necessary.
- Monitor the field activities closely and report to the supervisor.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge management materials on CCA and DRR.
- Travel to different places as required to support project activities
- Support in the preparation and submission of project progress reports
- Development of new proposals for the new projects when required.
- Perform various duties/tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- At least a Master’s degree in Disaster Risk Management, Environment Management, Environmental Science, or other relevant subjects from a reputed university
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction related activities
- Good understanding of Climate Change and DRR policies and laws of the country.
- Knowledge about LAPA formulation and endorsement, NAP and other climate change and DRR-related information.
- A good understanding of field-level coordination and liaising with the government and local community including experience of project implementation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Package, MS Excel and GIS will be advantageous.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong resource management skills are desirable
- Ability to handle the mass and have good communication skills.
The job will be valid for a term duration of 12 months, with possibilities of extension depending upon the performance of the incumbent and the availability of funding for the position.
To apply, please email your updated curriculum vitae, a cover letter and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by December 07, 2023 with clearly stating the subject line “Application for DRR/CCA Officer”.
Telephonic enquiries will not be entertained.