Admin & Finance Officer
Details / requirements:
SOSEC Nepal Dailekh
(Date of Published: 9 Feb 2024)
SOSEC Nepal, established in 1997, is a non-governmental organization dedicated to enhancing the socio-economic and cultural well-being of rural communities. As a non-profit and non-political organization, SOSEC Nepal collaborates closely with government initiatives, focusing on comprehensive development. Founded by like-minded youths of Dailekh, the organization ensures inclusivity for marginalized groups, including Dalit communities, children, women, and diverse ethnicities. With a primary goal of promoting human rights, health, education, community-based disaster risk reduction, and agricultural development, SOSEC Nepal implementing projects that address the genuine needs of communities, emphasizing skill development over mere input support. The organization operates in coordination & Collaboration with various donors and government agencies across districts in Karnali and Sudurpaschim Provinces, such as Dailekh, Kalikot, Surkhet, Jajarkot, Rukum-west, and Achham. SOSEC Nepal strives to foster positive socio-economic and cultural change. We are following the zero-tolerance policy on violence against women, children and corruption.
The Admin and Finance officer will be based in the Central Office, Dailekh. He/She will be responsible for providing overall Finance and Administration support to the organization and assigned project to ensure that all the financial, operational, and administrative functions are adhered to the required compliance of the organization, funding partner’s and governmental regulations. This position will have crucial role in maintaining financial transparency, ensuring smooth operations, and supporting the organizational and project’s mission from the provincial level. Under the direct supervision of Admin & Finance manager, he/she will work closely with the program team and other departments within the organization. He/She will also be responsible for coordinating with the supply chain department, procurement committees on procurement and payment procedure.
Advertised No: 008-01-080/081
DETAILS OF THE POSITION & REQUREMENTS
Position: Admin & Finance Officer (1-one)
Duty Location: Based in Dailekh District headquarters
Contract Duration: Long term position, renewal in annual basic
Direct reports to: Admin & Finance Manager
Report to this position: Admin & finance assistant, administrative support staff.
Benefit: Salary/ PF/Gratuity/Insurance/Festival Allowance/ Personal Time Off
Budget Responsibilities: NA
Types of Exams: Written and Interview
Education and Experience:
- Education: Should have Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Studies or Equivalent, Master's degree in finance/Accounting or Equivalent, preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in independently handling budgeting, financial accounting, planning and analysis in I/NGO. Experience of working in a computerized accounting environment like IPAS, FAMAS.
Language: A good communicator, and fluent in English and Nepali
Skills and Abilities: Ability to lead financial management of the project/program and make the linkage of this with overall financial management of the organization. Demonstrated experience in the use of MS office Package (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.) & Internet
KEY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Administrative & Financial Management:
- General financial recording and book keeping using FAMAS accounting software following SOSEC Nepal Chart of Account.
- Prepare vouchers; ensure proper budget coding, generating payment vouchers and submitting for approval
- Support and ensure all the payments are made following proper financial procedures.
- Ensure proper supporting documents for expense verification
- Preparation and administration of payroll adhering the required compliance.
- Issuance and settlement of business/program advance.
- Ensure funds are timely requested and received from Donors and unspent advances are deposited timely.
- Monthly tracking of advances issued to the vendors, staffs, and ensure that advances are settled timely.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation, reconciliation of payable and receivable ledger.
- Keep the scan copy of voucher and submit to donor.
- Support program staffs in project planning, phased budget & DIP preparation, budget forecast
- Analysis of administrative cost preparation and it’s sharing to each project on fair share basis.
- Provide financial analysis to the project/Program lead including the board
- Preparation of donor financial report and shared as per the agreed timeline to the donor and project lead.
- Orient non-financial employee on financial requirement of the project/program and organization.
- Preparation and analysis of fund/cash flow forecast
- Ensure each and every expense are valid and meets minimum financial requirements.
- Field monitoring from financial point of view.
- Provide financial analysis and monitoring during procurement
- Report any potential fraud and mis-usage identified during project implementation.
- Interlink the project/program finance with the overall organization financial management system.
- Implementation of suggestion and feedback provided by Donor finance focal person and auditor
- Support in procurement and supply chain including LTA with vendor
- Preparation of Annual Procurement plan & Monthly Supply Chain report
- Admin and logistic arrangement including vehicle management
- Office Inventory and Asset management and handling
- Ensure internal control measures are in place and are followed appropriately.
- Work closely and assist management team in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
- Ensure that the budgets are prepared, forecasted and made revisions with implementation plans as per the requirements.
- Manage cash flow concerning the project activities, including the timely release of funds and cash forecasting to ensure smooth implementation of project intervention.
- Provide support during audits, donor visits and field monitoring.
- Prepare monthly Payroll and annual tax calculation of the staffs and make timely deposit of salary tax liabilities and other deductions (PF/SSF, CIT, etc) complying with labour law.
- Liaised with government agencies such as, Tax Office concerning annual audit report, tax clearance.
- Develop personnel database (contract, leave, time-sheet etc.) for human resources in the project.
- Work as safety and security focal person for this project and provide information and ensure safety & security of the staffs in the office and working location.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Keep well documentation of the organization and project documents including staffs’ individual files, project agreement documents, contractual and legal documents.
- Participate in the meetings, workshops and provide general administrative support.
- Maintain reports of all inventories (expendable and non-expendable) of the project office. S/he is responsible for safety and security of the inventory of the project
- Conduct the annual physical verification of the inventory & prepare the verification report.
- Ensure proper recording (logbooks, fuel consumption etc.) on fleet management of vehicles that is office vehicle or rented vehicle
- Carry out market research and take lead on the procurement process, update the suppliers’/service providers’ roasters annually.
- Responsible to maintain the regular need of office supplies, water, utilities, phone/internet, and other essential items in the field complying the environment policy and other relevant guidelines.
- Any other responsibilities as deemed by supervisors.
- Manage all the working environment in the office and working areas are child and female sensitive
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately
- Lead the organization in complying with all child and adult safe guarding policies, requirements and audits
- Comply with SOSEC policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure zero tolerance policy of the organization within the project.
- General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good command of English & Nepali languages (written & spoken)
- Practical knowledge of project budgeting, accounting & reporting
- Able to articulate and communicate ideas well verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of tax and compliance
- Demonstrated Mentoring, Orientation & Training Skill
- Good interpersonal, problem-solving & time management skills
- Willingness to work under pressure with tight deadlines and to travel across the project areas.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- She should have skills and knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis.
- She must be able to demonstrate honesty and transparency and must have awareness of GESI
- Knowledge of existing accounting practices and rules, understanding of the fiscal system of the country, in particular related to the activities of I/NGOs.
- Strong knowledge and practical skills on different forms and formats, use in financial transaction and procurement system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualified and Interested Nepali individuals are requested to submit their CV, cover letter along with "Application form" copy of citizenship by 15 Feb 2024 through the email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Any kind of external influence will automatically disqualify the candidate.
All rights related with recruitment process will be held by recruitment committee. Women, Dalit, Sexual and Gender minorities, and people from marginalized community are encouraged to apply. The candidates must be sensitive on safeguarding issues. For the further quires contact to SOSEC Nepal Phone no: 089-410096/410187, www.sosec.org.np.