WASH Technical Officer/ Coordinator- COVID-19 Response Project/ Project Assistant
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Geruwa Rural Awareness Association (GERUWA) Bardiya, Nepal
Published date: 20 May, 2020
Garuda Rural Awareness Association (GERUWA) is a non–profit, non-governmental social development organization, established in 1991, registered in District Administration Office, Baridya and affiliated with Social Welfare council. Geruwa has been serving society since last 25 years and celebrating silver jubilee this year. The organization is currently working on per natal health and WASH, poverty alleviation, environmental issue, infrastructure development, reproductive health and good governance. Geruwais looking for a following position based in Bardiya district under Terre des homes (Tdh) foundation, Switzerland funded integrated Prayaas Project and COVID -19 Response Project
1. WASH Technical Officer – 1 Position (Bardiya based)- Prayas Project Major Responsibilities
- All technical works related to WASH facilities construction and improvement at health care facilities and community schools.
- Identify, and analyze WASH infrastructure needs of the Health facilities, community and community schools in consultation and coordination with respective authorities and make construction related decision
- Design and prepare cost estimates for CGD (Child, Gender and Differently abled) friendly WASH infrastructures.
- Lead WASH infrastructure construction sites with timely monitoring, supervision with technical guidance to local masons, plumbers for quality control.
- Effective coordination, collaboration and partnership with local government, health facility, HFOMC, community and school authorities.
- Assist procurement committee for construction material procurement with list of materials quantity, sample checks and verifications
- Assist and support Project Coordinator to ensure efficient and smooth implementation of the project activities in the project area.
- More than 80% travel to the project sites
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degrees in Civil-engineering with 1year of relevant experience or Overseer with 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience of WASH in institutions (Health Care Facilities and Schools) Experience on design, drawing and cost estimation.
- Knowledge on Child Gender and Differently ambled friendly WASH infrastructures Knowledge on Water Quality, Water Quality test and treatment methods.
- Ability to work in complex and changing environment as well as skills and the ability of quick learning and multi-tasking.
- Good coordination and problem solving skills.
- Good computer and communication skills in local language in both verbal and written
2. Coordinator- COVID-19 Response Project: 1 Position (Bardiya Based) Major Responsibility
- Responsible/ lead for planning, implementation and reporting of the project and activities
- Maintain effective and efficient coordination and collaboration with District Disaster Management Committee (DDMC), local government, health office/ Bardiya, clusters, health facilities/ Hospital and other relevant stakeholders in order to implement project activities smoothly
- Support WaSH infrastructure installation/ construction activities including designing, timely monitoring, supervision with technical guidance to local masons, plumbers for quality control in coordination with Tdh’sWaSH Manager
- Keep his/herself updated on new decisions/ provisions made by local and provincial government in relation to COVID-19 and ensure compliance with government rules and regulations while implementing the project
- Responsible for reporting and coordination with Provincial Health Authorities in coordination with Tdh
- Responsible to supervise and support field volunteers/ social mobilizers including development of weekly, monthly and quarterly planning and liaison work with board.
- Monitor and keep well documentation ongoing and completed activities, success and challenges, case studies, compile the information and report to GERUWA and Tdh with specific information following the logical frame-work
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in engineering (or overseer with at least 3 years) or public health or relevant social sciences with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to the civil engineer (min of one year experience)
- Proven experience on liaison and coordination with local government authorities and NGOs working in the same sector
- At least one year of working experience in WaSH sector and 6 months inemergency response Good command over Nepali and local language (written and spoken) are required
- Good report writing skill in English is must.
3. Project Assistant: 1 Position (Bardiya Based) COVID-19 Response Project Major Responsibility
- Support to the field project coordinator on planning, implementation and reporting of the project activities
- Responsible for the beneficiary identification, case management and other necessary support to the beneficiary the cases of the beneficiary
- Lead the individual case management and maintain the information in the case management file Provide and or linkage to the beneficiary for the psychosocial counseling to the other organization working on protection
- Coordinate with community school, child club, LCRC, ward office and rural municipality office, HCF, HFOMC as per need
- Conduct field visit, provide counseling support and sharing information about project and organization in field visit.
- Effectively distribute dignity kit and other relief materials to the beneficiary through the project Identify the referral pathway and link the beneficiary to other organization applying the case management protocol
- Perform any other duties delegated by Field Project Coordinator and Geruwa Board.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of +2 level education is required. Preference will be given to the Bachelor’s degree in social science and development studies.
- At least 4 years of working experience in case management (Must), psychosocial counseling and child protection is emergency situation
- Experience on liaison and coordination with ward authorities, health facility and other community stakeholders
- Very good communication in Nepali language (written and spoken) is required
GERUWA is an equal opportunity employer and encourage application from marginalized community. Preference will be given to local candidates with two-wheeler driving license.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by no before 5:00pm 26 May, 2020 (13 Jestha, 2077). Through background check will be done during the recruitment process. GERUWA reserve the rights to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reason.
Please clearly mention your salary expectations in your job application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
HR Department Geruwa