WASH Infrastructure Officer
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and infrastructure development consulting service provider. It has leading expertise in Nepal in Third Party Monitoring, capacity building of Local Governments in infrastructure service delivery, and a deep commitment to inclusive social and governance initiatives at different spheres of governance in Nepal. SWN is a choice of international development partners and the Government of Nepal for delivery of quality outputs in design and management of projects and programmes; green infrastructure development; social protection based programmes; field-based research works on social and governance issues including gender-related areas; and monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes. It has a strong in-house management capability for undertaking the above assignments. We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms and Reference
Position: WASH Infrastructure Officer
Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Contract: Long-term (2 months’ probation period)
Location: Panipokhari, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office). See www.swnepal.com.np for location.
Reporting to: Infrastructure Coordinator
Purpose of the position
The main purpose of the WASH Infrastructure Officer is to assist the CEO and Infrastructure Coordinator in various aspects of project formulation, implementation and management, and support the engineering team as a whole.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CEO and Technical Coordinator in the management and implementation of various water-related projects.
- Generate relevant project reports and documentation.
- Support the development of proposals including tailored approaches and methodology for water and other infrastructure projects.
- Travel to project areas and/or project sites all over Nepal as per requirements.
- Support the engineering unit and management team in developing and managing community infrastructure projects
Education and Professional Experiences
- Master's degree in Civil engineering or water-related engineering degrees
- Around 5 years of experience in interdisciplinary civil engineering projects with 3 years or more in the WASH sector
Core Competencies and Technical/ Functional Expertise.
- Proficiency in use of engineering design and analysis tools, including water supply design tools, and project management tools
- Good understanding of WASH sector and design of rural as well as urban water supply systems design, and associated Government guidelines and requirements
- Excellent communicator, with strong report writing skills in English
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to undertake field visits in removed locations, review water supply system designs, detailed report preparation and communication materials relating to water supply and WASH.
- Understanding watershed management, Multi-Use-System (MUS) and environmental impacts and climate change actions are desirable.
- Good understanding of the Nepali and international development sector
- Available for an interview, week commencing 31st of July 2022 (video conference if necessary)
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV indicating your current address no later than 8th August 2022 at email@example.com.
*Covering letter NOT required at this stage*
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.
|Category||Engineering - Civil|
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Mid Level|
|Education||Please check details below., Post Graduate / Masters in related field. , Masters in Engineering|
|Posted Date||25 Jul, 2022|
|Apply Before||08 Aug, 2022|