WASH Engineer (Consultant)
Social Empowerment and Building Accessibility Center, (SEBAC Nepal) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, non-profit, community based national level development organization sprouted out from Achham district of Nepal in 1997 AD (2054 BS). It has now come out as a pioneer organization amplifying the voices of deprived, excluded and marginalized people of remote, backward, & underdeveloped region. So far, it is able to serve about 3 million people residing 1188 VDCs & 15 Municipality of 23 districts with different projects/programs, from all five development regions. The organization has been working so far with 21, 914 CBOs, 219 network groups and 6 local NGOs operating ongoing programs performed in partnership with 15 I/NGOs, 3 UN Agencies, 3 bilateral agencies, 9 government agencies along with a number of DDCs, municipalities and VDCs. Currently, it has total of 383 staff team, out of which, 79 are from agricultural academic background. District Coverage Currently, we are working in 23 district of the country. This includes one district from Eastern Development Region, two from Central Development Region, one from Western Development Region, ten from Mid-Western Development region and nine from Far-western Development Region.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SEBAC-Nepal is a national level NGO. It is working in 31 districts of Nepal in different program areas. SEBAC-Nepal hereby invites applications for the below mentioned positions from interested Nepalese citizens who are committed and having an ability to deliver results for USAID supported Safaa Paani project. The project is designed with the goal of contributing for well-being of the rural communities of Sindhupalchowk and Dolakha districts through improved water, sanitation and hygiene practices.
Job title: WASH Engineer (Consultant)
Contract type: Fixed Term Project (till June 2020)
Duty Station: Chautara Sindhupalchowk with frequent travel to field (at least 40% Field)
Project: Safaa Paani
No of Position: 1
Main roles for this position:
The Consultant Engineer will provide support in construction/renovation activities of the Safaa Paani project implemented by SEBAC-Nepal and supported by USAID/Nepal. The consultant will carry out field visits frequently for inspecting and ensuring the quality of the construction work of WASH structures. S/he will check and verify the standards of the construction materials used, and renovation done for the drinking water supply schemes under the project. Similarly, the consultant will provide inputs to project documentation regarding construction work and operation & maintenance activities. The consultant will also provide training to Village Maintenance Workers on operation & maintenance of WASH structures. The position will be based in Chautara, Sindhupalchowk.
- Assure all construction materials are in full compliance with specifications and standards as agreed in purchase orders and contracts with vendors.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits of the ongoing construction and repair/renovation of the water supply schemes, assure the quality of construction work, and provide feedback and support to the technical staff for any improvement required for implementing project activities.
- Review and verify construction renovation work as per the approved design, and to ensure environmental risk mitigations measures.
- Monitor water quality tests by using testing devices in order to maintain quality of water based on a water safety plan and guidelines developed by the Government of Nepal.
- Create a database system of construction renovation activities carried out under the Safaa Paani project in Sindhupalchowk district, and submit technical information and data to the District Program Manager (DPM).
- Provide technical inputs in preparing a project completion report.
- Provide technical inputs in organizing exit workshops at the Palika level.
- Perform any other tasks as deemed necessary by the Safaa Paani project.
- Consultant should be a VAT registered individual.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with at least 7 years of work experience, including 5 years of experience in the field of community drinking water supply projects
- Previous experience in I/NGOs will be an asset
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to work priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in teams and create a collaborative team-building environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including technical writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency in English and Nepali languages (reading, writing and speaking)
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites to inspect construction renovation activities
- Very good computer skills, including the use of MS Office, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
- VAT registration of the Consultant
Note: Payment will be on a monthly basis upon submission of VAT invoice by a consultant. Payment will be within the limit of approved budget of the program for this position.
NOTE: Interested applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application letter with clearly stating the applied post and updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the email address stated below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained, canvassing at any stage of the selection processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.
The deadline to apply for the above position/s is 17:00hrs, 26 February 2020
Application should be submitted to;