TOR for Disaster Need Assessment
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Scope of Work
Consultant: Conduct Disaster Need Assessment, KAP Survey and GIS Mapping
Progressive youth society (PYS) is established in 2060 B.S. with the vision of creating an egalitarian, independent and civilized society. It is non-profit purely social organization conducting programs through various project and highly committed to work with Dalits, women, children, persons with disabilities, backward and marginalized groups as a target group.
PYS is currently implementing Disaster Risk Management Project with the financial and technical support of United Mission to Nepal (UMN). As a part of the Project, we need solicit consultancy support services from qualified individuals or organizations to disaster need assessment, KAP Survey and GIS Mapping of the selected wards of Thalara Rural Municipality.
The Overall Objective of the assignment is to undertake a disaster needs assessmentdsre of the Thalara Rural Municipality along with KAP Survey and GIS Mapping of 3 selected wards based on the need assessment.
The Specific Objectives of the assignment are:
- Mapping (Establish Baseline) of Disaster Risk Management preparedness and readiness status of Thalara Rural Municipality (Institutional Level)
- Assess Knowledge, attitude and practice of disaster preparedness and response among DRM committee.
- GIS Mapping in the three (3) selected wards based on the need assessment.
- Prepare a road map for enhancing capacities on DRM considering actions for immediate, medium and long term for RM based on the findings.
The consultant/s or consulting firms in the technical proposal shall clearly outline the processes, methodology and tools to apply for need assessment and GIS mapping. The processes, methodology and tools should comply with the existing guidelines.
The Assignment is expected to deliver the following outputs:
- Inception report that details methodology and plans including all required tools for the assessment.
- road map for enhancing capacities on DRM considering actions for immediate, medium and long term for RM based on the findings.
- GIS Map of the 3 selected wards highlighting the major vulnerable and exposure sites
- Develop brief summary report of the findings.
Budget and timeline
The consultant/s or contracting firms are expected to submit a detailed work schedule and budget as part of the technical and financial proposal respectively. The consultant/s or contracting firms are expected to complete the deliverables within 21 March 2023.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience on undertake similar capacity need assessments including providing training, orientation, and technical support.
- Thorough understanding of humanitarian context in Sudurpaschim region.
- Demonstrated skills on qualitative and quantitative assessments and analytical skills.
- Evidence of writing quality reports on Nepali and English
- Experience on Hazard Mapping
PYS expects the submission of technical and financial proposition within 7 days of date of announcement accommodating the following.
- Letter of interest
- Technical proposal
- Financial proposal
- Copy of legal documents like: PAN/VAT, latest tax clearance certificate & registration documents etc.
- CVs of proposed professionals (2 pages max for each)
Interested private firms, NGOs, individuals, who meet the above requirements should apply by submitting their Interest with the proposal that clearly outlines the details to accomplish the assignment to 2079/10/15 Hard copies of the proposal can be submitted to PYS Office and the following email address below.
The closing date for application is 2079/10/21 Only short-listed consultant/s or contracting firms will be contacted for further discussion and will be required to present their proposed methodology.
The project reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals without assigning any reason.
Progressive Youth Society
Contact No: 092421357
|Category||Development and Project, Expression of Interest|
|Experience||Please check details below.|
|Education||Please check details below.|
|Posted Date||29 Jan, 2023|
|Apply Before||04 Feb, 2023|