Technical Advisor (Rehabilitation Specialist)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
HI Nepal invites application for the following position:
1. Technical Advisor (Rehabilitation Specialist) – 1 position
Terms & Conditions: Fixed Term contract
Location: Country Office, Kathmandu, Nepal
Mission: Technical Advisor will be based in HI Country Office Kathmandu with occasional travels to project/program area, and will work under the direct supervision of the Regional Technical Unit Manager and in close functional collaboration with Chief of Party (COP) - USAID’s Physical Rehabilitation Activity (PRA). He/she will provide technical support to COP and PRA team to ensure that the PRA is providing meaningful support to Leprosy Control and Disability Management Section/Epidemiology and Disease Control Division (LCDMS/EDCD)/MoHP to promote and strengthen public-private partnership approach in rehabilitation (physical and functional) services delivery. S/he will provide technical support to the Health authorities at central and provincial (mainly Karnali, Madhesh and Lumbini Province) to integrate rehabilitation services into existing health system and provide technical support for developing rehabilitation strategy at federal and provincial level.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support in the development of Rehabilitation Strategic Plan at federal, provincial and local level and integration of rehabilitation component in Health related policies/plans
- Support the development of physical and functional rehabilitation related guidelines, SoPs/Protocols, and other technical documents by health authorities with technical support of PRA
- Provide technical assistance to health authorities for integrating rehabilitation module in existing HMIS, in close collaboration with Management Division
- Support project team and sub-partners/contractual partners to establish professional relationship with relevant health authorities for achieving their respective activities
- Develop processes/mechanisms to ensure successful contact and collaboration between project team/partners and health authorities
- Initiate and/or implement to projects’ technical learning within his/her sectorial scope
- Ensure regular technical quality control of projects and programmes and provide timely feedback and recommendations
- Represent HI in national, province and local networks (Sectorial Representation) and forum as assigned by line manager
- Contribute to advocacy initiatives on specific themes in line with the global advocacy priorities and HI advocacy framework
- Contribute to the development of new projects in the region under his/her sectoral scope
Qualification and Skills Required:
- A minimum of four years of national and international technical experience in the field of rehabilitation, working on activity of similar scope;
- A post-graduate degree (i.e., master’s or doctoral level) in rehabilitation related field or management/health care management preferred or a bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise in rehabilitation service planning, design, and budgeting; experience in office systems;
- Previous experience working with government on rehabilitation required, preferably working on policy and planning;
- Previous rehabilitation experience or health care management;
- Demonstrated problem solving, communication, and advocacy skills; and
- Fluent written and speaking English skills.
Please send a motivation letter mentioning your expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees (one must be your current line manager) with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 27th May, 2023. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process and reject any application without specifying any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
HI firmly believe in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organization. This is why we are committed to a disability policy to encourage the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities. Please indicate if you require any special accommodations, including participation in the first interview.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment. HI Nepal has a zero tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the values and mission of HI, hence, all selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||16 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||27 May, 2023|