Green Tara Nepal, a non-political, non-profit making non-governmental organization, established in 2007, has been working in the field of maternal and child health. It works in research, publications, advocacy, training and social mobilization in a holistic community development approach. Green Tara Nepal aims to bridge the gap between rural and urban, rich and poor and men and women in accessing services and improving healthy behaviors through community development and health promotion approach.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Green Tara Nepal (GTN), a non-governmental, apolitical and non-profit making non-governmental organization, established in 2007. It works in research, publications, advocacy, training and social mobilization in a holistic community development approach.
GTN works in collaboration and cooperation with community people, CBOs, NGOs, civil societies and, external development partners at national and international level. It works in close coordination with the government sector at the federal, provincial, district and local level.
GTN is implementing Women’s Health Project (WHP) Phase V in province three as a Local Implementing Partner (LIP) of Population Services International Nepal (PSI/N). WHP-V aims to support for increasing access of affordable, quality and sustainable services regarding safe abortion and family planning through private health sector. Key expected results for this project are; i) abortion services (inclusive of LARC) are safe and available, Ii) women receive quality services and products, iii) Women are empowered with information to make a choice about their reproductive lives, iv) The right to abortion and reproductive choice is strengthened, and iv) knowledge gaps are addressed. The duration of project is until November 2020 with possibility of extension.
In order to implement WHP-V in five districts of Bagmati province, GTN invites applications from qualified candidates for the following positions;
Position: Sub-District Officers
Required number: 11
- Kathmandu district (3)
- Kavrepalanchowk district (2)
- Sinduli district (2)
- Chitwan district (2)
- Makwanpur district (2)
The Sub-District Officer (SDO) is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting field level activities under the guidance of the Field Coordinator. She should work in collaboration with Program Coordinator, M&E Officer, and Admin/Finance Officer.
- Identify and mapping of potential area/geographic location/groups to reach targeted audience of the project.
- Conduct different community events and group sessions to raise awareness on safe abortion and demand generation of Family Planning (FP) services
- Conduct educational activities/edutainment events in Schools and Colleges and other adolescent and youth groups to empower themselves in accessing FP and SRH services as defined in the PSI/Nepal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Conduct regular visits to network providers and owners
- Facilitates Quality Assurance (QA) visits using HNQIS in all network facilities in coordination with regional quality assurance officer and coaches
- Provide clinical equipment, IEC BCC materials, and promotional materials as per mandate of the project and ensure these items are visibly and appropriately placed at each network facility.
Recording and Reporting
- Record and report programmatic data accurately and timely manner
- Collection, compilation and reporting of project related information as per the requirement of the project to the concerned supervisors.
- Support Providers on digital data collection system and ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting.
- Ensure confidentiality of the client details through proper documentation of R&R tools and handling of digital devices as specified.
Required Skills and Qualification:
- Certificate level in Nursing (Staff Nurse) or General Medicine (Health Assistant) with 2 years of experience in community mobilization.
- Knowledge of using mobile-based applications for recording and reporting purposes.
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and pressures.
For all the positions, successful candidates will be appointed for one year with possibility of extension.
Selected candidates must adherence to GTN’s policies and procedures, protocols, code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines and agreements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates meeting above-mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the position, preferred district to work no later than 19 Feb 2020 before 17:00 hrs. Please mention the applied position in the subject line. Detailed ToR can be available on request.
GTN is an equal opportunity employer. Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.GTN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.