Senior Officer - Development and Fundraising
Detailed Job description / requirements:
We’re Hiring! Senior Officer: Development & Fundraising
Location: Lalitpur, Nepal
Working Hours: 40+ hours/week
Supervisor: Executive Director / Director of Operations
Deadline: 17 June 2023 (Saturday)
Job Description: The Senior Officer - Development and Fundraising will work closely with the Executive Director and a cross-cultural team to implement grant and fundraising activities (in Nepal and abroad) to diversify funding sources for the organization. She/he/they will fulfill an important role as WLEAD pursues grants and other funding sources and provide essential research to develop a grant prospecting and application strategy. She/he/they will provide inputs in explaining and promoting the importance and impact of Women's LEAD work for various audiences in Nepal and abroad. An eagerness to learn and advance on the job is essential, as is an ability to adapt to a dynamic and evolving environment and excel in new challenges. In keeping with WLEAD’s values, the Senior Officer will also interact with program participants as a mentor and/or session facilitator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
GRANT MANAGEMENT, WRITING, AND PROSPECTING
- Monitor and coordinate grant administration, interim and end-of-grant reporting, and oversee compliance with approved budgets, contract terms, and legal or regulatory requirements.
- Manage and strengthen institutional donor relations, including supporting donor site visits.
- Research and identify potential donors, including corporations, INGOs, foundations, and governments; collect information into a regularly updated development calendar.
- Write and edit grant proposals (LOIs, cover letters, full grant proposals) using and improving upon existing grant templates. Ensure grant budgets align with institutional budgets and forecasts.
INDIVIDUAL DONOR MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATION
- Coordinate Women LEAD’s donor stewardship, including donor acknowledgments across giving platforms, generating tax receipts, and improving donor engagement and retention organizational procedures.
- Work closely with the Communications Team to run the annual crowd-funding campaign and plan, implement, and evaluate an annual integrated marketing and communications plan and calendar, for example, WLEAD’s monthly electronic newsletter.
- Oversee the maintenance of the donor database on Salesforce.
- Manage and generate all donor communications, including creating or improving materials needed for donor solicitations.
- Coordinate and encourage Boards, staff, and volunteers’ involvement in individual donor fundraising activities.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to implement the 2023-2024 fundraising strategy and strengthen and finalize the three-year fundraising strategy.
- Identify and develop successful local funding strategies and actors, including local corporate sponsorship opportunities and individuals, and build relationships with prospective institutional donors in Nepal.
- Report on annual fundraising progress, patterns, challenges, etc.
- Track trends in philanthropy and institutional giving that may impact approaches to fundraising.
- Maintain and improve systems and processes to ensure optimal donation tracking, donor touch-points, updates, and reporting mechanisms.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in development-related studies or social science/liberal arts (Master’s degree preferred) with at least 3 years of development experience with proven success in meeting fundraising targets and securing institutional funding.
- Knowledge of software such as Salesforce and Stripe is preferred. Should be familiar with popular giving platforms.
- Excellent English and Nepali language skills and a demonstrated ability to write and present effectively to a range of audiences.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships and rapport with external partners.
- Proven ability to be flexible, independently manage time, balance and prioritize simultaneous assignments and meet tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills and strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn in a cross-cultural context and take initiative.
- Meticulous attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work without direct supervision
- Strong moral compass and commitment to ethical behavior and business practices
- A passion for empowering young women to lead change and participate meaningfully in their country’s future
For immediate consideration, APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/pK9Q9BFBmg9KjWqT7
Only complete applications will be reviewed. The application deadline is 17 June 2023, but early submission is strongly encouraged, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further selection process (es).
Women LEAD Nepal is one of the first (young women-led) development organizations for young women in Nepal. Since 2011, we have empowered more than 4,200 young women with the skills, support, and opportunities needed to become leaders in their schools, communities, and nation. To learn more about Women LEAD Nepal and our programs, visit www.women-lead.org.
Women LEAD Nepal is growing rapidly. We offer competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity organization - Nepali citizens from all castes, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities, and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.