Senior Data Analyst
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Senior Data Analyst
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nepal
General Summary and Background
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
The purpose of Senior Data Analyst is to support both Government Nepal counterparts to use different methods to analyze data and share results for actions to improve supply chain performance. Provide capacity building to relevant counterparts for data analysis and data driven actions. Collect and interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and other relevant data analytical methods and provide ongoing reports. Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality. Acquire data from the eLMIS based on the client needs and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
Review and compare eLMIS data against other critical indicators to locate and correct any data issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with relevant teams to carry out data analysis to support supply chain performance improvement.
- Support both GHSC-PSM and MD to review data and its quality
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques
- Develop the means and extract data from databases and transform and analyze it using best practice statistical methods
- Review, identify and report eLMIS data issues
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns
- Define and design data report formats based on the needs of government counterparts
- Support the development and configuration of PowerBI and other data visualization methods as necessary to support data analysis and presentation.
- Work with MD, Provinces, HOs and LLGs to prioritize business and information needs and encouraging data-driven decisions
- Provide Capacity building in data analysis and presentation to stakeholders
- Use data mining and analyze data to define key performance indicators (KPIs) and dashboards based on inputs from supporting data and colleagues
- Report status of eLMIS reporting rates and preempt problems
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Support analysis of eLMIS data periodically and present findings and recommendations to DoHS, MD and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering, BTech, BCA or IT related field is required
- 5+ years’ experience in Data analytics
- Knowledge of Supply chain management and eLMIS is an added advantage
- Programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle and R or Python statistical programing is required
- Sound knowledge of databases: data storage, data warehouses, and data lakes with strong skills in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience working with analytical and statistical analysis models such regression
- Ability to analyse, model and interpret data and presentation skills
- Problem-solving skills, methodical and logical approach
- Interpersonal skills
- Teamworking skills
- Written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English is required.
- This is a local position for Nepali
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based in Katmandu, Nepal, with intermittent travel throughout the country and international when necessary
The Senior Data Analyst will report to the MIS Manager.
Applications Instruction: Applicants are requested to send their CV and Cover letter at PSMNepalRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org, Deadlines for the application is Tuesday, January 19, 2021. No telephone calls are entertained.