INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT
LOCATION: BRITISH GURKHAS KATHMANDU
REQ NO: 01
(ISSUED DATE: 07 JUNE 2019)
JOB PURPOSE: Support the USO/RSM/DO in day to day maintenance of physical security of BGN personnel, dependents and property at all times in order to secure the BGN compound from external threat.
DUTIES (KEY RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Control access in and out of BGN.
- Work in shifts and be prepared to stand in for other Security Guards as necessary.
- Conduct personnel and vehicle searches as necessary. Do not allow unauthorized personnel or vehicles entry into camp area.
- Conduct pass/ ID card checks on anyone wishing to enter BGN. Issue temporary passes as necessary and escort visitors to their destination within camp.
- Man the telephone in the Guardroom and respond to inquiries as required in a courteous manner.
- Issue keys to authorized personnel only and keep a record.
- Operate the CCTV cameras on the camp perimeter.
- Be prepared to form part of a QRF (Quick Reaction Force) to deal with intruders and reaction to natural disaster.
- Provide and overt deterrent through regular perimeter fence checks. Any damage or suspicious objects/personnel are to be immediately reported to the Guard Commander.
- Ensure that all offices/ buildings are secured (doors and windows locked, lights and taps switched off) and that there are no suspicious objects within the camp.
- Check for any signs of fire or potential fire hazards, and raise the alarm if necessary. If possible fight the fire.
- Provide escort for BGN serving personnel and their dependents when required at night.
- Be prepared to report any incidents/accidents to BGN service desk (commcen).
SUCCESS PROFILE: Ideal candidate will display quality, efficiency, consistency in key areas of operation with organized approach. should be able to produce standard work with minimum supervision within given time and should have understanding of the following:
Behavior: Delivering at Pace, Communicating and influencing, Working together.
Strengths: Disciplined, Preventer, Courageous.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience working as a Security Guard with a reputable organization.
- Good spoken and written English Language required. (Will be tested during sift & interview)
- Should be IT literate.
Salary: NPR 46,512.00/month
Other benefits: Dashain Bonus, Gratuity, Provident Fund
Duty Hours: 40hrs a week
Leave: Annual 25 days, Public Holidays 10 days
Medical: 100% reimbursement for job holder and limited reimbursement for immediate dependents
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms are available from Human Resources (HR) Office, British Gurkhas Nepal, Manbhawan Lalitpur Contact info: Tel No: 00977-01-4235260 or Click here for application form. Candidates are requested to complete Part 1a, Part 1c, Part 2a, Part 2b of the application form and email to BGN HR Office via email: email@example.com along with scanned copy of citizenship or passport by 20 June 2019. Applications without complete information will not be entertained. Interviews for candidates successful at sift will take place at British Gurkhas Kathmandu towards early July 2019.
Please check that you have fully completed all parts of this application. Submit this application, along with scanned copies (pdf/jpg) of documentary evidence (qualification, experience, and training) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails with a total size of large than 3MB will not be received. Applications received by any other means will not be considered. Applications received after the closing date and time listed on the advert will not be considered.
Descriptions of the required Behaviours may be found at
Definitions of the listed Strengths may be found at