We are Nepal's leading adventure travel group. We share our great experience of trekking and exploration of the mountains. Thamserku was born in shadows of the mighty Everest, the dream of a Sherpa to share his passion for the mountains, nature and people of the beautiful Himalayas to the world. 25 years of steadfast experience in making lives adventurous and joyful has earned Thamserku a label as premier adventure travel company in the Himalayas and is respected all over the world. After a decade of expansion and working towards this goal, Thamserku now stands as the foremost company in Nepal to offer specialized travel and exploration services to more than 5000 clients each year in over 15 countries with it's specific strategic brands. Though the expansion and growth has resulted in wider audiences, the story of Thamserku is still about family, a family of highly skilled individuals aiming to share their vision across borders. We also work in close alliance with our sister companies to provide a second to none all round services for travelers in Nepal.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Job Title: Sales Manager
Company Background: Bluesheep Journeys is a special business unit of Thamserku group of companies-Nepal’s leading Adventure Travel Company. Bluesheep Journeys is a travel planner and organizer specializing in customized and bespoke journeys for FIT clients and groups.
Bluesheep Journeys believes Holidays are personal yet social; it’s unique because it’s experiential, they are but fleeting moments in time,yet, and they last a lifetime. Hence our philosophy revolves around YOU, and “Where the holidays, are about you!
At Bluesheep Journeys, we strive to create a productive and inclusive working environment at every level of the company. We encourage personal development and creative input to foster a sense of ownership and inclusion. In this way, our whole team can take pride in our work and strive together to create a vision that we all believe and invest in.
General Description: We are looking for a Sales Manager who is responsible to lead and manage our Sales team, oversee all aspects of business opportunities through effective sales and marketing strategies, and maintain strong relationship with clients, partners, agents and stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Centralize Sales and Marketing functions to one area/department. This includes ensuring that the team is aware of the company’s purpose, vision and goals
- Set necessary targets, goals and KPIs for the team
- Extend business developing strategies to increase sales leads and introduce new products and services (focusing on Spanish or French market). Similarly, develop marketing and promotional strategies to communicate our value for clients, partners and customers. Plan sales and marketing campaign (online).
- Ensure sustainable financial growth by boosting sales and maintaining develop a rapport with prospective clients and agents as well as retaining existing clients and agents
- Support/Develop Mid Management Communications Program
- Support HR Manager in Training and Development of the team
- Website Development, planning and Upgrades
- Develop Media and Public Relations Program (newsletter, websites, press, prints, publication, etc)
- Prepare Sales Plan including sales forecasts, budgeting and analysis and present them to Senior Management
- Supporting business growth and development through the preparation and execution of marketing objectives, policies and programs in assigned areas and general company plans
- Undertaking market research to identify market opportunities for new and existing markets, products and services
- Evaluating the competitive environment and the positioning of existing products and services
- Advising on all elements of the marketing mix including products and services, pricing, advertising and sales promotion, sales channels and agency agreements
- Preparing sales and marketing forecasts, assisting Managing Director in the preparation of marketing plans, and coordinating marketing plans for overall business
Qualifications and skills required:
- Minimum 03 years of working experience in similar position and field
- Bachelor’s degree (preference given to those in tourism field)
- Excellent client-facing, internal communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in French or Spanish- both written and verbal would be preferable
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, deadline-driven and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office package (excel, word, powerpoint and outlook)
- Passion for serving people and our company values and purpose.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Sales Manager- Bluesheep Journeys” as the subject line.