Saathi Teachers Programme Coordinator
Details / requirements:
Saathi Teachers Programme
साथी शिक्षक कार्यक्रम
Primary Must Not Be Seocndary
Published Date: 03 December 2023
POSITION: Saathi Teachers Programme Coordinator
Term: 2 years and renewable.
Saathi Teachers Programme is a project under Helambu Education and Livelihood Partnership (HELP), a local NGO, working to improve the quality of education and improve livelihood since 2009. The Saathi Teachers' Programme aims to increase the learning achievement in basic-level schools (grades 1-5) and enhance the basic 21st century skills amongst children. The programme is implemented in direct partnership with local government bodies and is funded supported and by Mondo Foundation, a UK based charity. We are looking for a suitable candidate to assume the role of Programme Coordinator to start from the 1st of January 2024.
The Saathi Teacher Programme recruits, trains and places young, qualified and passionate teachers who are paired and paid to teach Maths or English in schools located in rural communities struggling with a shortage of teachers and undergoing severe learning crisis. As of 2023, Saathi Teachers Programme operates in three municipalities in Sindhupalchowk and Tanahu districts. 30 Saathi teachers are working across 15 schools making a difference everyday in the lives of more than 2000 children.
Summary of Role:
The Programme Coordinator we are seeking is a vital role to provide overall leadership and management for the implementation and further development of the programme. The role includes planning, designing and executing the constant support system and trainings, working with the cluster leads to enhance the capacity of the Saathi teachers and support their day to day teaching and educational activities in their classrooms and coordinating multiple events and meetings related to the programme at the municipality and donors levels.
- In order to execute the duties, we are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to fill the position of Programme Coordinator with following attributes.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to guide and inspire the team. Ability to make informed decisions and take initiative in various scenarios.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment.
- Work effectively with diverse team members and stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Nepali and English language. Clear and effective communication with team members, donors and local partners. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and comfortable with information and communication technology tools such as Canva and Mailchimps.
- Keep website and social media active and engaged.
Knowledge of Nepal's Education System:
- In-depth understanding of Nepal's education system, particularly at the primary level. Familiarity with the national curriculum and educational standards in Nepal.
- Stay informed about current trends and challenges in the education sector.
- Display a high level of empathy and understanding towards the needs and challenges of programme’s team, participants and stakeholder.
Training Design and Presentation Skills:
- Design, develop and implement suitable and effective training programmes. Deliver engaging and informative presentations to diverse audiences.
- Willingness and ability to undertake field visits to monitor and evaluate programme activities and lead high stake audiences such as donors and government representatives.
Proposal and Report Writing Skills:
- Ability to write clear, concise, and compelling proposals and reports under the guidance of donor partner and Board members.
- Skilful in identifying and resolving conflicts within the team and with external stakeholders.
Planning/Event Organizing and Management:
- Strong organizational skills to plan and execute programme, workshops and events.
Correspondence and Relationship Building:
- Excellent correspondence skills for maintaining positive relationships with high-stake stakeholders.
- Develop interest and skill in fundraising activities to secure financial support for the Saathi teachers programme, schools and Saathi teachers’ initiatives.
- Maintain a healthy and positive relationship with partners and donor organisations.
- Develop comprehensive progress reports on all active programmes undertaken by HELP.
- Support other programmes (Volunteering placement and Scholarship Programme) run by HELP in linkage with the advancement of the Saathi Programme.
- Support to produce documents for governmental-level requirements such as the Social Welfare Council and the Office of the Local Governments.
- A master’s degree, preferably in Education.
- Minimum of two-three years of direct experience in teaching, preferably in public/community schools.
- Previous experience in management and leadership roles, preferably in school system.
- Experience in organising or handling trainings.
- Strong IT competencies.
- Starting Salary: Rs. 7,80,000 per annum (negotiable based on skill and experience) plus benefits.
- Location: Kathmandu with frequent travel to project sites.
- Work hours: 40 hours a week (Mon thru Fri) with availability in certain weekends.
- Driving License: Preferable with own two/four wheeler driving license.
- Application deadline: 15th December 2023.
- Inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: HELP promotes equal opportunity and diversity in providing employment. The priority in selection will therefore be given to qualified and suitable candidates from ethnic minorities and women candidates.