Research Supervisor (RS)
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organization. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of children and families in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems. TPO Nepal is a knowledge-driven, innovative organization working in areas disrupted by violence and poverty. We strive to develop local psychosocial, mental health and conflict resolution capacity and systems that promote community resilience, quality of life and self-reliance through education, research, service delivery and advocacy.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization (TPO) Nepal is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of people affected by humanitarian crisis including those population at risk. TPO Nepal provides training courses and conducts projects and research chiefly in the field of psychosocial care programs for victims of organized violence and traumatization.
TPO Nepal is implementing a research project ENHANCE which aims to treat perinatal depression in women and promote maternal wellbeing. The project is currently being implemented in four health facilities of Jhapa district where non specialist community health workers will be trained to identify and treat perinatal depression. The project aims to build evidence on the feasibility, acceptability, and effectiveness of non-specialist delivered psychological intervention for perinatal depression. The project is funded by the UK’s National Institute of Health care and Research (NIHR) and University of Liverpool, UK.
TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed and result oriented candidates for the position of Research Supervisor (RS) based in Jhapa district.
Job Title: Research Supervisor (RS)
Duration: 1 year (with possible extension)
Number of opening: One
Starting date: 1 November 2022
- Work with the project coordinator in planning and implementation of field research activities in 4 health facilities of Jhapa district.
- Coordinate with local government agencies, health workers and other concerned stakeholders to ensure smooth flow of research activities in the district.
- Develop daily work plan for the research team and monitor the field mobilization of research assistants
- Act as an immediate supervisor for the research assistants- this includes providing hands-on support in the field in relation to study plan, data collection, quality check and control.
- Maintain daily update log of research participants, login through online portal for data check, clean data, and maintain quality.
- Perform all the other tasks required for implementation of research activities as assigned.
- Regular field visits throughout the district are required (a current driver’s license is preferred)
- Provide regular updates and reports to the project coordinator
- Support in administrative tasks- including monitoring expenses, preparing report, and submitting financial reports to the project coordinator.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of master’s degree in related field (Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Development Studies, Anthropology, or related fields). Minimum of 2 years of experience in research and program management.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; word processing skills in both English and Nepali
- Experience in mixed, qualitative, and quantitative research
- Prior experience in using qualitative and quantitative research tools – (SPSS and Nvivo are preferred).
- Basic tech skills are necessary as the data collection will be done in tablets and some knowledge on troubleshooting is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience on mental health research
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior academic publications or conference presentations
Interested, qualified and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with cover letter, updated resume (CV) and expected salary to: email@example.com no later than 15 October, 2022.
TPO Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. TPO Nepal does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
|Education||M.P.H. (Masters in Public Health)|
|Posted Date||22 Sep, 2022|
|Apply Before||15 Oct, 2022|