Detailed Job description / requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Nepal
Consultancy Title: Researcher Consultant
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of providing high, quality assessments to USAID/Nepal Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) project, CAMRIS seeks a Researcher Consultant for a Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) assessment.
- Serve as the key member of team of the DRG assessment, providing technical input, logistical and coordination support in allstages of assessment
- Support the process of drafting and finalizing the data collection plan and development and presentation of preliminary findings,
- Coordinate with various stakeholders for conducting the KIIs and FGDs,
- Conduct FGDs and KIIs in the field for data collection
- Translate and transcribe field data, coding and analysis
- Code and analyze qualitative data.
- Coordinate closely with the evaluation team.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, law, international affairs, international development, economics, oranother related field;
- Minimum of five years’ work experience related to political and democracy analysis;
- Experiencein conducting evaluations and assessments particularly in the domain of democracy, rights, and governance;
- Sufficient knowledge and experience in managing and coordinating assessments related to democracy, governance and human rights;
- Extensive experience in coordinating and conducting assessment and studies in Nepal;
- Strong communication, facilitation, and writing skills are required;
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Nepali required.
Qualified and interested professionals are requested to apply by June 19, 2019 at the following link: