Regional Program Coordinator
Working across more than 26 countries, our vision is for a world where no one is needlessly blind. We have an ambitious 5 year strategic plan that aims to take The Foundation even closer to realising our vision of ending avoidable blindness.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Regional Program Coordinator - S outh Asia and Middle East
- Regionally focussed Program Coordination role
- Location is negotiable in one of the following countries Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh or Myanmar
- Fixed Term Full Time 24 month contract
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of Australia’s most respected and trusted international development organisations whose vision is to end avoidable blindness and ensure the work of Fred Hollows lives on. The Foundation works in 26 countries across Africa, Asia, The Pacific and the Middle East as well as in Australia.
The Regional Program Coordinator will support The Foundation’s country teams to implement high standard eye health programs within the region. Supporting the Regional Associate Director, the priority is to work with the country teams to ensure the delivery of high quality and sustainable programs designed to achieve an end to avoidable blindness in the communities where we work.
You will achieve this by;
- Providing technical support across program design, delivery and monitoring and evaluation to ensure the successful development, implementation and expansion of our Country Programs.
- Work with our Country Program Staff to provide recommendations to improve and strengthen projects
- Facilitate the provision of specialist technical support to our implementing partners.
- Facilitate communication across and between The Foundations teams to coordinate the facilitating and exchange of learning/experience across local, national and international contexts.
- Build internal and external relationships, including with officials from multilateral and bilateral agencies, government agencies, blindness prevention agencies, NGOs and others.
- Represent FHF externally to ensure our experience helps shape the development agenda and remain abreast of developments in donor and peer agency approaches to development effectiveness.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Previous experience developing and coordinating programs within the international development sector.
- Previous experience supporting multi – country programs
- Extensive professional experience in international development / public health
- Significant years of experience in proposal writing, program design and M & E
- Experience in transferring skills and capacity building of staff.
- Knowledge of logical frameworks, project design concepts and project management experience.
- Knowledge of the South Asia and Middle East region.
- Ability to travel within the region (Primarily - Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Palestine, Myanmar and Afghanistan).
Location is negotiable in one of the following countries (Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh or Myanmar). The successful incumbent must hold the relevant working permit of the country and passport holder eligible to travel throughout South Asia, Middle East and other international destinations with no restrictions.”
International candidates (non-locals) are welcome to apply if they have a valid work permit of the country.
How to apply and who to contact
For further information on how to apply please visit our website https://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies
Alternatively, if you would like further information please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist team via email at email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 29th July
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.