Project Officer - (Female only)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Women Forum for Women in Nepal (WOFOWON) is a right based NGO that works for advancing human rights and labor rights of women working in entertainment sector (Dohori, Dance Bar, Massage, Cabin restaurant and open restaurants). This NGO was founded and officially registered by workers working in entertainment sector in 2064. WOFOWON invites application from eligible Nepali citizens for the following position:
1. Position: Project Officer
Required Position: 1 (Female only)
Duty Station and Work Station: Initially up to 31st December 2023 and possibilities of extension upon the performance, Kathmandu with frequent travel to implementing areas.
Salary & Benefits: As per the organizational rule for this position
Our organization is seeking experience and professional Program Officer to join our team. Our ideal candidate must have passion and knowledge for “Leadership and Capacity building of women and girls working in entertainment sector”. The project focuses on advancing human rights and labour rights of women workers in entertainment sector. The position will also contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and plan. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mange the project implementation: planning, implementation monitoring, reporting and evaluation of activities.
- Support and work closely with Counselor, Outreach workers and community groups for girls’ empowerment and implementation of the project activities.
- Engage in policy advocacy and lobby at different level, and conduct meetings and training according to the plan.
- Report writing from a feminist perspective and human rights perspective.
- Translation (verbal and written) from Nepali to English and vice versa as per the direction of Executive Director.
- Excellent coordination and communication with national and international organizations.
- Lead, conduct and support in various organization programs.
- Proposal writing in English and Nepali
- Should effectively coordinate and communicate with the community people
- Should respect the work and have positive attitude towards work.
- Should be able effectively manage and work in difficult situations.
- Should abide by the organization’s rules and regulations.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, enthusiastic, spirit of activism and willing to bring creative ideas in the work
- Bachelor’s degree in LLB, social science or any other relevant subject with minimum 3 years of demonstrated working experience with human rights and labour rights of women workers in entertainment sector.
- Having good coordination and communication skills.
- Experience in report writing and documentation in both English and Nepali Language.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, enthusiastic, and having spirit of activism.
- Good spoken and written English and Nepali
The qualified interested candidates are requested to submit their updated bio-data along with application letter mentioning the expected salary to email@example.com by 10th June 2023. Only the selected candidates will be contacted for assessment process. Preference will be given to the female candidates.