Project Field Coordinator
Details / requirements:
Position Title: Project Field Coordinator
Duty Station: Puttar, Tanahun, Gandaki Province
1. Project Introduction:
The KOICA ERCN Project is designed to improve the well-being and quality of life in rural areas by adopting a comprehensive approach to health and income growth. The project involves the establishment of outreach centers, collaborative workshops, and capacity-building initiatives targeting healthcare personnel and community leaders. It actively promotes income generation activities such as cash cropping and implements robust progress management and evaluation mechanisms.
In addition to these efforts, the project undertakes the construction of essential agricultural and health infrastructure to facilitate sustainable development. The overarching vision is to empower, enrich, and build resilience in rural communities across Nepal, fostering a convergence of health and income growth for a promising future.
2. Description of Position:
The Project Field Coordinator will be stationed at the project sites of the ERCN project, primarily tasked with providing comprehensive support to the overall project. This includes involvement in planning, implementing, monitoring, and coordinating activities related to social mobilization and networking, such as the operation of committees. etc.
He/she will work closely with the Project management office and other thematic team in the office and be supervised on a daily and weekly basis through individual and group meetings upon the needs.
He/she will be responsible for the project planning and implementation and monitoring project progress and implementation as well as coordination for the operation. He/she may expect to work under complex and challenging environment within limited resources.
The initial contract duration for this position will be 1 year, with the possibility of extension based on the employee's performance and in accordance with the employer's regulations.
The salary and other compensatory benefits for this position will be provided in accordance with the organization's policy. Additionally, the package includes provisions for annual leave (paid), sick leave, as well as accidental and medical insurance.
3. Key Responsibilities:
a) Program Planning and Implementation:
- Assist the Project management office and the teams as well as implementing partners (IPs) for designing annual plan, quarterly and monthly plan and provide technical assistance for smoothly implementation of activities based on the approved plans.
- Ensure IPs to implement the Project activities and to deliver the Project intervention as well as financial disbursement according to the plans.
- Develop annual work plan of the project site; and update the implementing progress against the plan.
- Under the guidance of Project Management Office and other thematic teams, provide technical guidance to implementing team including IPs to ensure quality on delivery of project's intervention.
- Lead the required project site assessment upon needs, and ensure regular updates of the project related information from relevant government bodies and working community and the use of the information at the time of project regular planning.
b) Coordination and Communication:
- Coordinate with local level stakeholders including the concerned government bodies, IPs, and other like-minded organization while planning, implementing and monitoring the project.
- Coordinate and communicate with IPs for smooth and effective planning and implementing the project's intervention.
- Ensure proper communication, coordination and harmonization with different stakeholders related to project.
- Support the IPs for proper coordination and communication among them, stakeholders, beneficiaries while planning and implementing the project, especially for the integrated components of the Project
- Plan and execute coordination meetings (CDC and LC etc.) for harmonization of project and the Project intervention.
c) Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Ensure timely preparation of progress reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual) from IPs and the project site office.
- Provide technical guidance to IPs for preparing quality reports, analyse and submit to the Project management office as per the reporting timeline.
- Provide information, progress data and other required information of project to the Project management office as requested by thematic departments and work closely with the Project management Office for timely submission of project information.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of project related documents, key deliverables and reports from IPs and the project site office.
- Assist to collect case stories, best practices, lesson learn; and capture that information in timely reporting system.
- Plan and execute joint monitoring visit in the project location ensuring the participation of stakeholders, IPs, beneficiaries and others.
- Ensure to maintain accountability and credibility in project delivery.
- Visit the communities regularly to backstop and monitoring the project's interventions.
- Provide support on assessment, research, studies and monitoring & evaluation related activities planned and commissioned by the Project Management Office.
d) General Functions:
- Work as a representative of the Project in the project site.
- Ensure proper documentation of administrative and financial related task in compliance with KOICA policy, guideline and manuals.
- Maintain healthy coordination and communication among implementing team, IPs, like-minded organizations, stakeholders and others in district and working areas.
- Work closely with the Project Management Office for effective planning, designing and implementing the Project for effective results.
This position requires a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Advanced degree in agriculture science, rural development, or international development, social sciences or any other relevant field;
- The required education degree may be substituted by extensive professional experience involving similar work responsibilities and/or additional training certificates in relevant domains.
- The candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience in community development preferably with livelihood development and health promotion in rural Nepal.
- Proven ability to develop work plan, community and policy analysis on relevant sectors of the Project.
- Sound understanding of the sustainable livelihood development approaches, enterprise development and agriculture commodity collection centre operation.
- Experience in working with local government or NGOs on rural and community development activities along with health promotion activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to carry out capacity building for all stakeholders.
- Experience and knowledge of policies and procedures from bi-lateral aid organizations, especially KOICA, will be an asset.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Nepali.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Good articulation and presentation skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned criteria are required to submit their application letter and updated CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 14 February 2024, 17:00 hours.
The Project Management Office reserves the right to cancel this recruitment at any stage without any notification.