Detailed Job description / requirements:
(First Date of Publication: 23. Jan.2023 )
Hilly Region Development Committee (HRDC) is going to implement the CSSP project in partnership with Save the Children International to improve in Bheri Municipality and Shivalaya Rural municipality of Jajarkot District. Thus, HRDC invites applications from suitable Nepali candidates for the following full-time positions:
TITLE: Project Coordinator - 1 (One)
TEAM/PROGRAMME: CSSP/Program Operation
LOCATION: Bheri Municipality Jajarkot, Khalanga
GRADE: CONTRACT LENGTH: Contract based
The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The Project Coordinator (PC) - CSSP is responsible to manage the implementation of Realizing the Rights of the Children Through CSSP (Local Name: PAHUNCH) in Jajarkot District (for intensive project in Shivalaya RM and Bheri Municipality, and for access in all R/M in the district) which includes planning of project activities ( in close coordination with executive director of the organization, project focal of SCI filed office surkhet, project team in HRDC and other stakeholders), capacity building capacity of projtect, quality monitoring, reporting of the project’s progress, and coordination, collaboration & building linkages with local government and local authorities.
The position is responsible to meet compliances on project management as guided by the organization’s/ SCI’s/donor policies and support project team to follow the policies, compliances & working principles throughout the project cycle.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Executive director, HRDC (administrative part) and Project Coordinator-CSSP, SCI
Staff reporting to this post: 4 Filed officers
Budget Responsibilities: (NPR. 75,00,000 to 1,00,00,000)
External: This position needs to work closely with PC-CSSP, Save the Children filed office surkhet through out the project cycle. Similarly s/he should consult senior government officials and representatives at local to district level for collaborative work. This position needs to coordinate with like minded organizations, civil societity network at district, province, federal as per need, private companies including Banks and media.
Internal: The PC directly reports to exeutive director, however, this position needs to closely work with the SCI’s PC - CSSP for project quality assurance. Similarly, s/he needs to work with other project lead, thematic team, cross cutting thematic team, finance, and MEAL.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Project Planning and Budgeting
- Develop annual plan, detail implementation plan (DIP), budget forecast and budget revision.
- Support to local governments (Shivala RM and Bheri Municipality) to develop detail plan for parenting program implementation at community level.
- Develop contingency plan (Plan B).
- Develop MOU with local governments and HRDC.
- Delivery of the project within time, within cost and with compliance of HRDC/SCI/Donor.
- Enhance capacity of the project team and making their clear/common understanding on activity guideline, quality bench mark and make sure that they are applying fully.
- Develop corrective action plan if required to achieve the desired results of the project.
- Technical support provide to local governments for implementing child grant plus Programme.
- Facilitate local government to reform policies/program regarding to social protection , child sensitive and child centric policies.
- Make sure that safeguarding policies and MEAL approach are fully applied in each step of the project delivery.
- Monthly ‘Project Tracking Report’ share with PC-CSSP SCI, Surkhet Filed office.
Project Review & Monitoring
- Track the project's progress, budget Vs Actual and take actions for deviations.
- Develop alterative /action plan if the project is not on track as per detail implementation plan and support to project team for implementing accordingly.
- Conduct project team meeting (monthly) for project’s target tracking and identify areas to be improved.
- Conduct project’s progress sharing meeting with local government, senior management team of the HRDC and other concern stakeholders.
- Conduct field monitoring by senior management team, exeutive body member and local government.
- Project site visits, onsite coaching , report generate and timely sharing of field visit's observation/feedback to project team and ontime support provide as per need.
Project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Make sure that project team understand the project design/log-frame and M & E plan of the project.
- Support to SCI for aheivment measurement as per M & E plan.
- Support to SCI to establish baseline data, endline data, mid-term and final evaluation of the project.
- Support to project team for applying specific tools and checklists for quality monitoring of the project delivery, and enhance capacity of project staffs on using these tools and checklist.
- Promote learning- sharing environment within project and the organization.
- Sharing of key learning under the project.
- Make ensure that MEAL approach and safeguarding policies are fully applied in the project.
Project Reporting and Documentation
- Project report written up including case studies/success studies as per given reporting template and timely submission.
- Document innovative approaches, best practices, lesson learned, and share to SCI.
- OPMIS report- baseline, plan (yearly) and achievement (monthly).
- Social protection accessed report (as per access record format) to SCI.
Capacity Development of Partner and Stakeholders
- Orient Partner staffs on Project design, objectives, results, strategy, outputs and inputs, Quality Bench Marks,
- Conduct TOT on Parenting sessions for Partner’s Field Officers and Facilitators
- Provide coaching and mentoring in field as per need
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking for Advocacy
- Work in close coordination with other project under the HRDC, such as Suaahara, Abasar, SIDA,Sahayatra for inter-project collaboration and comprehensive support provide to the beneficiaries.
- Strengthen networking and coordination at local to district level.
- Represent HRDC Jajarkot and its values at local to district.
Required qualification: Master’s degree in Rural Development, Development Studies, Sociology and/or related Social Science(s)
Essential experience and skills
- At least 2 years of working experience in development projects/programs, especially related to social protection
- Sound working experience with local government especially on social protection program(s)
- Proven ability in project team management.
- Ability to develop M&E Plan, setting targets, work plan, budget etc.
- Demonstrated ability in use of computer application including excel.
- Strong analytical and writing skills with demonstrated ability to write progress reports.
- Excellent spoken and written communication both in English and Nepali.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Safeguarding including child safegaurding:
We need to keep children safe and make our project safe. Hence it’s selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to protect children, community and project staffs from any form of harms.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their current CV and application letter to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org addressing to The Human Resource department, HRDC Jajarkot or can drop the hard copy of their CV and Cover letter at HRDC District Office, Jajarkot- Khalanga; within. 29. Jan.2023
Please indicate the position title while applying for on the subject of your application. Preference will be given to disadvantaged groups (women, Dalit, Janajati) and local resident in the recruitment process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries shall not be entertained.