CBM International in Nepal spans across all provinces with 21 core working districts, and works through a programmatic approach to ensure inclusive development of persons with disabilities. CBM initiated its work in Nepal since 1982 and supports a diverse mix of national partners engaged in Inclusive Eye and Ear Care, Rehabilitation, Education, and Social Inclusion of persons with disabilities. Based on its core values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty both as a cause and as a consequence of disability, and works in partnership with local and national civil society organisations to create an inclusive society for all.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CBM is an international development organization committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world irrespective of race, gender or religious belief. Our work in Nepal spans across 36 districts and based on a programmatic approach to ensure rehabilitation and inclusive development of persons with disabilities in partnership with local organizations.
CBM seeks application from qualified and competent candidates for following position:
Job Title: Programme Officer
|Reports to: Programme Manager||Department: Program||Contract Start: June 2021|
|Location: Kathmandu||Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract||Contract Duration: 1 year with possibilities of extension|
Facilitating the development, management and implementation of programmes in line with the CBM Federation Strategy, Country strategy and within the CBM’s Standards and Budgets through appropriate Programme Management systems. The position will also act as a focal person for multiple project implementation with multiple partners.
- Develop a good working relationship and knowledge of partner portfolio to identify strengths, capacities, needs, potentials.
- Liaises with CBM‘s International Office, Member Associates, project partners, consultants, advisors and co-workers who are connected to the respective projects under his/her care in coordination with the Line Manager.
- Initiate and support development of innovative projects/ programmes.
Project management, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Plan, initiate and develop multi-year/annual plans and special initiatives, and monitor and report the implementation with project partners.
- Responsible for project based reporting requirements and timelines.
- Plan and coordinate financial reviews/ assessment of partners in consulting with the programme finance team and respective line managers.
- Support development of inclusive programmes in coordination with partners and CBM Nepal team.
- Co-ordinates visits to partner organisations for organization related external and internal visits.
- Facilitate to develop capacity building plan of partner and project team being based on the Partnership Assessment (PA).
- Supports to plan and organize workshops/ trainings in a time bound manner and represent CBM at conferences, workshops and seminars when assigned.
- In case of Emergency in the country and requirement of the organization you should be flexible to deploy in the emergency response management initiatives as per the requirement of the organization.
- Masters/PG degree in social science/Health/Education/Development studies/Development/ Management/Public Health (Preference will be given to those who have both public health and social sciences background);
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in the social development sector with project management skills;
- 1-2 years’ experience in disability related multi-lateral/international agencies;
- Practical knowledge in basic computer skills (Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet);
- Project Cycle Management; experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and financial management of the projects in the development sector;
- Good Communication Skills in English (oral & written).
To apply: For detailed Recruitment Pack of this position, log on here. To apply: please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 5 pm 6 May 2021 clearly mentioning the subject line “PO-2021-02” Application for PO”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Written test & Interview will be taken on the same day. Further telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
CBM is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply for this position.
The future jobholder is required to adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
For further information about CBM’s Inclusion Policy, please refer to the following link: https://www.cbm.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Publications/CBM_Inclusion_Policy_Framework.pdf