Program Officer – Child Protection
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Program Officer – Child Protection
"3rd-Time Vacancy Published"
The Program Officer - Protection will manage Child Protection Technical project in Kailali District ensuring compliance with WVIN’s sectoral and quality standards, Government’s policies and industry norms. The role will be responsible for managing the project and monitoring the performance of staffs, ensuring that project staffs have access to appropriate technical and functional support, and managing relationships with sectoral key stakeholders including Local Governments.
The incumbent strives in empowering community groups, households and institutions to address and manage the issues to sustain. The local resources are managed well to effectively run the project interventions for a longer run.
This position requires to be innovative and problem-solving skills to adapt to changes and multiple priorities. Along with this, the incumbent requires to integrate with other sectors and cross cutting themes to yield broader impact more effectively and efficiently.
Reports to: NGO Program Manager
Matrix - Field Protection Lead, World Vision Field Office
Direct Reports: Field Officers
Duty Station: Tikapur, Kailali
- Provide portfolio management to Protection program and monitor performance of project team in implementation of project ensuring projects are delivered on scope, on time and on budget as per the agreements
- Identify, assess, and communicate risks associated with the implementation of project, and development of mitigation measures
- With guidance from Field Protection Lead ensure appropriate analysis and project results, including sharing of results and continuous improvements of project design and implementation
- Lead the district level coordination and initiate different initiatives to align the project impacts with the government strategy and plan
- In coordination with Field Protection Lead relationships and engagement with government line agencies, other INGOs/NGOs, research institutions and private sector at local and district levels in alignment with project strategy/plan
- Coordinate organizational processes with which WVIN’s Child ProtectionProgramme and projects have to be engaged including but not limited to annual planning and budgeting process and audit
- Provide timely feedback to the project staffs in time to guide the project on its quality and standard.
- Ensure Planning Monitoring and reporting of the project is on time and with quality
- Supervise Protection Field Officer to carry out the designated components in the child protection projects
- Develop reporting, best practices, learning documents and share internally and externally for promoting them within the partnership
- Analyze the meaningful participation of children including RC in the project activities and planning process in the local level
- Analyze the linkage with other sector programs and do the needful action to integrate and link the programmatic opportunities
- Manage safeguarding compliances and measure in the organization and the team including the promotion of the policies/guidelines in the community.
- Integrated workforce management to be more strategic and effective in delivering results
- Lead in effective governance, child and adult safe organization compliances and are practiced well
Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor in Social Work, human rights, child rights or relevant discipline with five years of experience in Child protection related projects (preferably system strengthening and life skills projects)
- Knowledge related on Government policy, programme priorities, needs and issues in relation to the sector priorities
- Well informed and disseminate message on WVIN Protection Sector and priorities, project model and approaches used (Child Protection & Advocacy - system strengthening, Life skills)
- Good Knowledge on child Protection and Gender Based Violence approaches, theory of change for the protection sector
- Knowledge on physical and sexual abuse, child marriage, child labour, positive parenting and discipline, working with children, safeguarding of beneficiaries and gender based violence and systemic approach and ability to analyze context to inform the project
- Good understanding on operation issues like timely and quality delivery of services, good planning and monitoring skill.
- Good understanding on donor reporting (for grant project) system and capacity to meet the standards
- Good understanding on the Implementation guideline and able to mentor it to the project staffs
- Good knowledge on the project management tool
- Sound knowledge & skill on project risk analysis and management.
- Good Analytical Skills to analysis project related data and incorporate in the report
- Good ability in report writing skills for developing the periodic report like monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual
- Sound knowledge on supply chain management and able to manage the risks on time to support the efficient implementation
- Monthly and quarterly target and expense tracking and review of expenses
- Monthly budget forecast and planning skills and able to manage the finance efficiently
- Verification of vouchers and guide to project staffs while support needed
- Good understanding on Internal and external audit management
- Meet financial requirement and deadline as per compliances
- Good understanding on financial management system like supporting documents for voucher, advance settlement process, managing the under-spends etc
- Sound skills in technical support, capacity assessment/Training Need Assessment process and tools for staffs and target group
- Sound skills on project management essentials
- Skills on project staffs mentoring and onsite support
- Good planning skills for project staffs development and growth.
- Good skills in guiding the process of staff career development plan
- Conduct periodic staff performance appraisals against the set performance objectives contributing to Project deliverables with proper performance management system in place
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Understand the program deliverables, expected results and linkage to the bigger approach and process
- Sound skills to make periodic Design, Monitoring and Evaluation plan
- Sound knowledge on monitoring tools and methods
- Good analysis and presentation skills
- Skills to incorporate the findings/feedback into programming
- Project database (such as producer database) establishment monitoring and interpretation skill
- Skills on Stakeholders mapping and mobilization for broader benefit of the project
- Good skills on facilitation of meeting and proper documentation
- Capacity to identify local advocacy issues and priorities around protection programming
- Maintaining the database with the information of Local Level Child Rights/Protection System, stakeholders, and Life skills and its update and monitoring
- Interpretation skill to manage relationship with the Line Agencies and other like-minded organization
- Presentation skills in different forum and network
Child and adult safe guarding and sponsorship business
- Manage all the working environment in the office and working areas are child and adult sensitive
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately
- Support the organization in complying with all child and adult safe guarding policies, requirements and audits
- Manage all the sponsorship businesses as per the protocols and guidance provided by WVIN
- Registered children participation are well reflected in the provided reporting platforms
- Ensure operationalization of World Vision’s Child Sponsorship standards, Development Project Standards and sponsorship integration in all phases of programming.
Qualified interested candidates are requested to submit their (1) Application letter; (2) Updated CV along with at least two references; and (3) Copy of citizenship through email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20th March 2023 (5 PM Nepal time).
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for selection process through telephone and or email. The selection process will be carried out virtually and will include written test, presentations and interview. Please note that No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
WACT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified potential candidates from Dalit, Janajati, and Muslim community, Persons with Disabilities and Women are encouraged to apply.
|Category||Development and Project, Development / NGO|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Education||B.S.W. (Bachelors in Social Work), Bachelor's degree in a related field|
|Posted Date||14 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||20 Mar, 2023|