Detailed Job description / requirements:
Autism Care Chitwan Society (ACCS)
Care Chitwan Society (ACCS) is a non-governmental, non-profit making organization established by a group of dedicated parents of children with Autism. ACCS since its inception has been actively working for awareness, the rights and capacity building of child/persons with autism. ACCS has working experience with several INGOs. Besides, in the short period it has gained its credibility from the Organization of Persons with Disabilities (OPD) and Government stakeholders from the district.
Job description of Physiotherapist
Responsible for delivery of physiotherapy service to children with disabilities and functional limitation in assigned home of Bharatpur metropolitan city and Kalika municipality by home visit.
Contract Duration: From the day of the appointment to 31 Dec 2024
1. Assessment and Evaluation
- Utilize standard assessment tools and clinical observations to conduct comprehensive physical assessment of children with disabilities to identify mobility and functional limitations.
- Set goals as per the assessment to plan comprehensive rehabilitation intervention.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals to gather medical histories, relevant information.
2. Rehabilitation Planning
- Develop individualized rehabilitation plans and goals for each child based on assessment.
- Following evidence-based practice ensure quality rehabilitation service is implemented to improve child’s physical function, mobility and independence.
3. Monitoring and evaluation:
- Develop monitoring check list to monitor progress.
- Work closely with Itinerant teachers, project officers, Community mobilizers and other stakeholders along with health workers of project area.
- Collaborate with parents, guardians, and caregivers to provide guidance at home exercises and strategies to support children's functional progress.
- Report toProject Coordinator and participate in multidisciplinary team (Disability Inclusion Officer (DIO), Itinerant Teachers (IT), Community Mobilizers, project officers, HI officers, MEAL) meetings to discuss on children's functional outcomes and review the rehabilitation plan as required.
- Participate in parental group meetings together with IT and share the children's progress and challenges with them.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of assessments, rehabilitation plans, progress and follow up notes for each child.
- Ensure privacy in handling children’s overall information.
6. Education and Training
- Provide training and guidance to parents and teachers on how to assist children with physical disabilities to overcome challenges in the classroom.
- Ensure compliance with confidentiality and privacy regulations in handling children’s information.
7. Community Outreach
- Participate in community events and workshops aimed at raising awareness about the importance of physiotherapy services.
- Provide physiotherapy services during screening camps organized by the project.
- Bachelor's degree in Physiotherapy.
- Registered in Nepal Health Professional Council (NHPC)
- At least 2 years of experience working with children with disabilities.
- Experience in conducting training to parents/ care givers, teachers at community level will be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team and adapt to changing environment.
- Commitment to the organization's mission and values related to inclusive education and rehabilitation.
How to apply for the services
A qualified and interested individual is requested to apply with below mentioned documents. and application letter to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org addressing to The Human Resource Department, ACCS Chitwan. A complete proposal stating the methodology of implementation, procedure, timeline, content of training on Itinerant Teachers.
- CV(s) of the applicant with full date of birth in dd/mm/yyyy format.
- An application letter mentioning expected salary.
- Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application should be submitted to the following address via email: email@example.com
"Autism Care Chitwan Society (ACCS) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, persons with disability (Especially family members of the children/persons with Autism), members from disadvantaged communities and resident of local are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying for a job with ACCS must be ready to comply with our child protection policy, and policy on prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment."
For more information and queries
Autism Care Chitwan Society (ACCS)
The deadline for responses is 12th October 2023