Detailed Job description / requirements:
(Partner/Donor Relations, Fundraising)
Date of Publication: September 28, 2023
Human Development and Community Services (HDCS) is a faith-based NGO working in three main sectors of health, education, and community development since 1991. Currently, it manages various projects across Nepal especially in rural regions and provides services through hospitals, health camps, public health programs, disaster preparedness and response, school development programs, teacher training, educational daycare centres for special needs children and community radio stations. HDCS is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all ethnicities, gender and backgrounds in our vision to transform the communities.
You can see detailed description and access to application portal at www.hdcsnepal.org/career as well.
Please apply before October 08, 2023, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
- Fundraising: Develop and implement appropriate strategies to attract necessary funding, in liaison with the P&D Manger, ED, Administrative, Finance and Project Teams as appropriate.
- Networking: Build meaningful relationships with existing and potential HDCS partners.
- Coordinate the Partnership Framework:
- Ensure good Project design, Partner Contracts, Reporting, Timeline, Surveys, Log Frames etc.
- Ensure that proposals are well designed and practical, and formally approved
- Ensure that reports are of high quality, timely submitted and in accordance with HDCS’ strategy and mission, and partner and government requirements
- Ensure that all relevant requirements from international and national partners in the projects are properly implemented and recorded
- Ensure transparency and integrity in all relationships with partners
- Keep clear and up-to-date records of all partner communications, documents and other files
- Training: Train project and office staff to ensure effective partner relationship management, proper reporting information flow and relevant partner standards.
- Support: The Communication and M&E Departments in all relevant partnership related matters
This is a full-time position with minimum 40 working hours per week. The employment contract will be on a yearly basis, with envisioned extensions. The position is based in Kathmandu with very frequent travels to project locations in Nepal.
- Minimum bachelor´s (advantage Master’s) degree in any Partnership or relevant Development work area
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in donor/partner relationship management in NGO/INGO sectors at a coordinator level
- Experience in using a wide range of information and communication technology and software like MS Office, Graphic software, Mail, Zoom, Skype etc.
- Very good development project management skills (project design, budgeting, log frame, project cycle, SDGs, M&E)
- Advanced understanding of community development work in rural areas
- Learning attitude and willingness develop technically
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Nepali