Detailed Job description / requirements:
Winrock International – REPSO Nepal
POSITION TITLE: Office Driver
DUTY STATION: Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur, Nepal with frequent field travel.
REPORTS TO: Admin Manager
Winrock International has a long history of contributing to Nepal's development and has been working to increase economic opportunity and sustain resources while protecting the environment of Nepal for over 30 years. This Position of Driver is generated to safely transport staff for official purposes, activities and appointments.
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 10 Grade passed.
- At least 5 years of driving experience and working as a driver in similar organization (development sector).
- Willingness for frequent travel within the country.
- Flexible to work during off-hours as per the need of office.
- Knowledge of additional skills such as repairs and maintenance of vehicle will have advantage.
- Soft spoken, humble and pleasant personality is must.
Under the overall guidance and immediate supervision of the Admin Manager or supervisor accordingly assigned, the Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
- Drive office vehicles for official purposes.
- Keep the vehicle in clean and good condition.
- Ensure that the staff/visitors arrive at their destination in timely manner.
- Pick and drop official personnel and visitors at the airport.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of office vehicles - check oil, water, battery, brakes and tires etc., perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, tool box, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Keep records of use of vehicle, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing and other services.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement of accidents.
- Perform the duty as office support assistant while not driving as and when required.
- Communicate/report back on a regular basis/as per the requirement to the supervisor/line manager/staff while in field.
- Collect and deliver mail, pouch, documents and other items as assigned.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Phone calls will not be entertained.